Well, i have to things that i've really wanted to know...

1. What substance has the highest specific heat? I'm guessing Hydrogen, but I've heard of others.

and 2. is there a relationship between the fact that the specific heat of water is
4.184 J/g K (Joules per grams Kelvin), and that there is 4.184 Joules in 1 calorie?
Quote by Dirge Humani
2-Yes, because a calorie is, by definition, the amount of energy needed to raise water 1 degree C.

Not sure about 1.

thats what i though; thanks man
its because the energy needed to raise the temp of 1kg water by 1 degree is a calorie
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Quote by metalhead2061
Well, i have to things that i've really wanted to know...

1. What substance has the highest specific heat? I'm guessing Hydrogen, but I've heard of others.

and 2. is there a relationship between the fact that the specific heat of water is
4.184 J/g K (Joules per grams Kelvin), and that there is 4.184 Joules in 1 calorie?

1.) in English please

1.)you mean highest specific heat capacity?

2.) yes
thanks again Dirge Humani, but do you know what solid has the highest specific heat? I googled it but now answers.
Quote by *Juno*
1.) in English please

1.)you mean highest specific heat capacity?

2.) yes

yes i meant capacity, but it was already answered
I know that hydrogen bonds in water are what give it such a high specific heat capacity so I'd presume Hydrogen has the highest specific heat capacity because the more hydrogen bonds there are the more energy needed to break those bonds. I could be wrong though.
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
Quote by metalhead2061
thanks again Dirge Humani, but do you know what solid has the highest specific heat? I googled it but now answers.

You should have a textbook with the values listed

If not find an A-level /college text book and look for tables which will have it in
Quote by Count Seanula
I know that hydrogen bonds in water are what give it such a high specific heat capacity so I'd presume Hydrogen has the highest specific heat capacity because the more hydrogen bonds there are the more energy needed to break those bonds. I could be wrong though.

You are wrong..

Hydrogen bonds are between electrons on the Negative oxygen and postive hydrogen

Incedentily, hydrogen bonds do not neccessarily require the presence of hydrogen
Quote by *Juno*
You are wrong..

Hydrogen bonds are between electrons on the Negative oxygen and postive hydrogen

Incedentily, hydrogen bonds do not neccessarily require the presence of hydrogen

Ahh well it was worth a try. Although I did fail AS Chemistry so I don't know why I tried to answer
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
I believe Lithium is the solid with the highest specific heat.
Please, call me Chase.

Quote by GeneralGrim
You live up to your name, sir. Well done.

Gear

Lefty MIM Strat
Traynor YCS50 :
Larrivee D-03R
Dunlop 95Q Wah
BYOC Fuzz
Fulltone OCD
Vintage Volume Pedal

I witnessed Night of the Pear 2
Quote by *Juno*
You should have a textbook with the values listed

If not find an A-level /college text book and look for tables which will have it in

i im 10 grade, and all i have is a physical science book lol

ill keep looking online
By heat do you mean the amount of heat given off?

If this is what you mean you need to consult a table of Enthalphy values this is the amount of thermodynamic energy absorbed or emitted in a reaction. Heat given out occurs in an exothermic reaction so look for substance with the most negative value. Hope this helps.
We just started with change in temperature through particles, and there was only 4 elements in the chart, and i got really interested in it.