Poll: Yay or nay
Poll Options
View poll results: Yay or nay
yay
26 60%
nay
17 40%
Voters: 43.
so a friend wants me to play guitar for his band and he wants to make a rock band mixed with hip hop....i play hard rock/blues, stuff like zeppelin, sabbath, deep purple, free, etc...would anyone dig a blues/rock/hip hop band?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Nov 13, 2007,
aint the title supposed to be "Hard rock/blues and hip hop...yay or nay" or something like that? Never heard of Hard Blues

Quote by Dirtydeeds468

BUT DUDE! THAT'S MY OPINION! JUST LIKE PEOPLE HAVE OPINIONS THAT ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS! IT JUST CAN'T BE CHALLENGED BECAUSE IT'S YOUR OPINION!

WHEEEEEEEE.

Heja Sverige!
Quote by RedOrange
aint the title supposed to be "Hard rock/blues and hip hop...yay or nay" or something like that? Never heard of Hard Blues

hahah...yea, i meant hard rock/blues lol
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
I believe last time that was tried it resulted in Limp Bizkit and Korn.

Enough said.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius

Enough said.
but also resulted in rage against the machine
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist

PWNED!
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Sure, rap/hip-hop doesn't get nearly the respect it deserves on this site. Rap artists like K-0S use guitars on lots of their songs, and rock artists like RHCP and RATM (even though I don't really like them) have a lot of rap/hip-hop influence.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
I'd go for it. Just make sure you have a good writer doing the hiphop part. Writing good lyrics is so damn important in hiphop. If you dont have some proper writing you might quickly be put off as a second Limp Bizit or something.
I know that there are alot of rap/rock bands but you could do something new and original and change the face of rap/rock

look at zeppelin- blues was being performed way before them but they took it to a whole new level.

Just try it out- you should only play music with the people you love; regardless of what style you play
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
It might sound awesome or it might sound abysmal. But by all means try it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Surely zeppelin esque blues rock mixed with hip hop is exactly what rage were...

And they rock. Ergo cool idea if done well.
Quote by Hoodoo Man
Surely zeppelin esque blues rock mixed with hip hop is exactly what rage were...

And they rock. Ergo cool idea if done well.

They had a more metal influence, although there was a little bit of blues in there.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by blues-guitarist

And how is that a good thing?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I meant more in the sense of the direct influence of led zep's blues based riffs on rage.

You could check out Chris Thomas King to see some blues hip hop. There are a couple of other blues guys that use samples too but i can't think of any names off the top of my head.
If done well, it could work, if not, then no. But I guess that's how most things are.

Oh, and it's 'yea,' not 'yay.'
Can't stop the signal.
Quote by Mad Marius

Enough said.

I fail to see the blues influence there...
Quote by break-me-in
They had a more metal influence, although there was a little bit of blues in there.

Zeppelin being more metal than blues? Do me a favor and actually go listen to some of their songs.
Mos Def uses some rock/blues music on a few of his songs, and he's a hell of a rapper.
So yeah. Give it a shot.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
its already been done. aerosmith and run dmc on walk this way
Quote by Invader Jim

I am so glad this is a multiple choice poll because I want to personally kill all of them. You get a GOLD STAR!

^ i have a gold star from a homicidal maniac!
Quote by rhcpaddict
its already been done. aerosmith and run dmc on walk this way

Every thing's already been done... 40~ years ago.
it depends what side your gonna lean on. like, if you do some hard rocking sh*t with some rap-ish vocals, i probably wouldnt mind it. but if you lean the other way, i start finding it pretty stupid to even include the guitars in there.

example: rage VS. family force 5