I have been looking for a new guitar for a while and I have decided to get an ESP, I went to the nearest guitar store and the didn't have the Eclipse so I tried out about every guitar and I don't want a Jackson or Ibanez, but Schecters were pretty good. Anyway I have a Peavey 5150 only with a wah and I want to know if I should continue saving until January to get the Eclipse or get the EC 1000 now, I read some reviews and they said that there was almost no difference but others said that there was a huge difference. What do you think is the better guitar for the price.
Eclipse,
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
ltd guitars are awesome quality, but lets put it this way for you to undestand:
under 400 series = epiphone
400 series = epiphone elitist
1000 = gibson
Standard = Gibson Custom Shop
Custom model = total pwnage

of course, 1000 models fly over gibsons anyday and the ltds run 1000 laps around the epis and even win the NY marathon after that.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Either one would be an awesome choice... I would personally save up for the Eclipse standard, just... because. But It's up to you. You won't regret it either way.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by ldnovelo
ltd guitars are awesome quality, but lets put it this way for you to undestand:
under 400 series = epiphone
400 series = epiphone elitist
1000 = gibson
Standard = Gibson Custom Shop
Custom model = total pwnage

of course, 1000 models fly over gibsons anyday and the ltds run 1000 laps around the epis and even win the NY marathon after that.

Hmm. I think you are over exaggerating how awesome ESP / LTD's are...

The ESP will be of much higher quality and standard as it's crafted in Japan rather than the LTD boys in Korea. The quality of wood will also be much better in the ESP than the LTD. Not sure on this, but I believe the resale value of ESP's will be far superior to LTD's... but I'm not sure how much by. It's not like a Gibson or a Fender which has excellent resale value.

Have you tried out the EC-1000 at least?
I have an Eclipse II VB and the quality is just amazing. I would play both if i were you though, one thing that sort of bugs me is the weight of my Eclipse. Its a very lightweight guitar and because of that it doesnt get the sustain i wish it did. The LTD EC-1000's however are heavier, like Les Pauls but i havent played them through an amp really. check them out though for sure the quality is there.
Trendiness!
ESP Eclipse II
Gibson Explorer
Ibanez RG2610e
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Quote by Mwoit
Hmm. I think you are over exaggerating how awesome ESP / LTD's are...

The ESP will be of much higher quality and standard as it's crafted in Japan rather than the LTD boys in Korea. The quality of wood will also be much better in the ESP than the LTD. Not sure on this, but I believe the resale value of ESP's will be far superior to LTD's... but I'm not sure how much by. It's not like a Gibson or a Fender which has excellent resale value.

Have you tried out the EC-1000 at least?

Ya, I tried out the EC 1000 the EC was way better than anything else I had tried out, the store wouldn't let me try out a Gibson because they think Gibsons are Gods. I am thinking about driving another hour to a bigger guitar store and see if they have any ESPs instead of LTDs and trading in my piece of crap PRS SE Custom. I will have to call a couple stores to see if the have the Eclipse because ESP doesn't make to many of them and they are sold out til the end of December.
The ESP has 22 frets like a real Les Paul, and the EC has 24 so the neck pickup is not on the same spot. But so far it hasn't bothered me at all.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
ec-1000 seems way cooler for metal
24 frets
and you get to pick either duncans or emg's
if your planning on playing other stuff maybe you should get a real les paul?
once you go ESP, you'll never look back. I didnt.

The ESP just has that overall feel and tone that you just cant get from an LTD.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers