I'm starting to take a liking for my (what has been) much hated S470. I figure i'll throw in some new pickups, and see how beastly it really is.

Bridge - Something bright, but with enough "balls" to use for some screaming solos.

Middle - Noiseless single coil, something with some bite, not enough to sound like a bucker, since i'll mix it with my bucker for some strat-esque sounds.

Neck - Something good for soloing for hard rock/metal. Thing without mud, but with a tone good for creamy soloing.

I was thinking a Breed in the neck, but im not sure about the bridge pickup and middle.
I dont really want to break the bank, since im thinking of buying a Fat Strat sometime soon to accompany my Ibby.

I'd say around $200-250 for the whole thing? I know Dimarzio's are around $60-75 each, so it'd be good for my budget.
I have an X2N in my bridge slot and an Air Norton in the neck of my Jackson,,,and they put out some "beastly" tones,, They are pretty smooth too, I guess with the right eqing
I've never heard the custom, how does it compare to the JB?

How does the '59 compare with the Jazz?
^ In my opinion, it's less trebly than the JB, and less agressive than the Distortion, with more midrange than the JB and the distortion
Last edited by Op3a at Nov 13, 2007,
Wasn't it just a few weeks ago I read "I will sell at $200, I just want this thing out of my house!"

Or something similar

86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
Yep, but I switch back to 9 gauge strings, got it set up, and now it's alright.
Quote by TJM2482
I'm starting to take a liking for my (what has been) much hated S470. I figure i'll throw in some new pickups, and see how beastly it really is.

Bridge - Something bright, but with enough "balls" to use for some screaming solos.

Middle - Noiseless single coil, something with some bite, not enough to sound like a bucker, since i'll mix it with my bucker for some strat-esque sounds.

Neck - Something good for soloing for hard rock/metal. Thing without mud, but with a tone good for creamy soloing.

I was thinking a Breed in the neck, but im not sure about the bridge pickup and middle.

With a Breed in the neck, you basically are demanding a high output pup. A medium one on the bridge would more than likely create problems since the neck would be louder than the bridge. I've heard good things about the Steve's Special, though that's a pickup that will accentuate your mistakes as your shreds. You may want to try a D-activator or Evo 2. As for Seymour Duncans, an SH-5 (hotter) or SH-14 will do the trick...try listening to their samples and decide which offers what you want.

For the single coil, I'm thinking a Fast Track HS1.

And don't forget, order F-spaced.
Tone Zone maybe? I've heard good things about it, I would probably pair it with a Breed neck, or if that's too high output, an Air Norton.