View poll results: old rap or new rap?
old rap
51 62%
new rap
19 23%
I hate rap and shouldn't have even voted
26 32%
Voters: 82.
I know music nowadays varies greatly but this is just out of curiosity.

old rap or new rap?
I like some of both.

I like mainstream old school, while I hate mainstream new school, but like some underground new.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
I'm not bothered really. I just haven't listened too much of the Mid 90s/older stuff.
i prefer old rap, its less...fake
I'd just like to say I fall into the 5% of us on this site who aren't metalheads.

I am UG's resident Communist.
Quote by denizenz
Old rap
New rap
Red rap
Blue rap

/Dr. Seuss

How about no rap? That has my vote.

while u are entitled to your opinion... nwa man come on.
New rap...

Lyrics Born, Tech N9ne, Immortal Technique, T-Pain...
My God, it's full of stars!
I prefer really old rap. Like, 18th century.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Quote by denizenz
Old rap
New rap
Red rap
Blue rap

/Dr. Seuss

How about no rap? That has my vote.

+1

Internally I pretended our litte rap battle was really a metal vocalist battle.
they only rap artist i like is the beastie boys
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Good question new rap has people like 50 Cent, The Game and nobs like that but it also has Dizzie Rascal, Eminem, Wu Tang Clan, Immortal technique and (if you count) Kanye West.

Old rap has Sugar Hill Gang , theres lots but where does new rap start and old rap stop?
Old school, kicking it with Grand Master Flash. The best of the old.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by rizo299
from such a talented poet as well.

Sorry to let you down. I'd hate to typecast a genre, but most rap is just meaningless bullshit. I'd rather count my linguistic sources among some intellectual or truly cultured individuals than a ragtag bunch of druggies and alcoholics.
New. Dizzee Rascal, Wiley, Lethal Bizzle, Kano.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by denizenz
Sorry to let you down. I'd hate to typecast a genre, but most rap is just meaningless bullshit. I'd rather count my linguistic sources among some intellectual or truly cultured individuals than a ragtag bunch of druggies and alcoholics.

+1,000,000

I voted no rap
I'll take a bit of both. Most new mainstream sucks, but there's the occasional good stuff like Kanye West. That said, I'd mostly go with old stuff (NWA, Public Enemy, etc.) I don't know much underground rap though, so anything I like is basically gonna be similar to what a lot of people are posting.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I don't listen to rap, but the stuff I do listen to is Grime which is a newish genre, I quite like Saul Williams aswell (if you call him rap).
Quote by kidsilcon
Good question new rap has people like 50 Cent, The Game and nobs like that but it also has Dizzie Rascal, Eminem, Wu Tang Clan, Immortal technique and (if you count) Kanye West.

Old rap has Sugar Hill Gang , theres lots but where does new rap start and old rap stop?

also a good question. im just gonna say when it went from gangsta rap to the new type with all the annoying background dancers