I just got a floyd rose for my strat and i need help putting it in...like a website or diagrams or something like that. Any help would be appreciated.
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
is your strat routed for a FL? if not you're gonna have to route it or topmount the bridge.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Yeah you can't just put a floy rose on a strat.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
what do u mean by topmount the bridge?
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
you bought a floyd rose, for a strat wich probably has a tremolo bridge and is routed for a tremolo bridge? And know you want diagrams to put it?
It wont fit, you need to get it routed and would probably cost alot...
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

a strat is routed for a different style trem...basically the hole isnt big enough to fit the floyd rose unless routed to make it bigger. otherwise you can topmount the bridge on top of the body (which usually raises the action ridiculously high and doesnt allow for full trem movement)

edit: actualy...there are still modifications that must be made to topmount a FL i think??
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_guitar_bridge_routing.cfm
do you notice TS how different the measurments are for each different style of bridge. puting on a floyd rose would require cavity routing and drilling new holes for the pole pieces, not to mention installing a locking nut on the neck would require you replace the nut you have already and drill two holes through the headstock.....id consider returning the FR and talk to an expert before buying a new bridge, i wouldn't recommend trying these mods yourself unless you actually KNOW what you're doing
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
alright thanks for the information
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel