Right judging by past comments I've heard (and youtubbe videos) see the Laney VC 30 (1x12") can handle metal with a decent distortion pedal shoved infront of it ,,

Now I've deiced based on feedback about this amp and a couple of others I 've recently asked about the VC series with a pedal would be best ,,, question though
can VC owners please tell me if the 30 watt version is suitable for the bedroom as well as gigs?

if so then its all mine ,,, and suggestions of other amps in the price range wont swing me this time

(was thinking of the LC 30 cause it has that more American distortion but told it sounds ,,,"brittle" which i take as being bad)
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Hmmmm... I do use my Laney 30watt amp in the bedroom and it works fine on low levels, but it's a bit of a waste if you're not gonna do more with it. But yeah, go for it.
ahhh kwl :p

hehe just another week or two then i shall join you :p lol

And I am gonna eventually do gig work with it ,, plus the house is often empty of parents for a few hours a day so I should be able to crank it up a little bit
Gear:
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
You'll have difficulty getting a really nice tone out of it at bedroom levels, but slightly above that, you'll love it!

You'll also not want a distortion pedal, but an overdrive pedal, something like the Tubescreamers, they tighten up this amp nicely as it tends to get a little muddy at higher gain.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
kwl,

thanks dudes
Gear:
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
would a VC15 be better? more opportunity to crank it up etc..

I'm also in a similar position in that i have decided on a laney VC but whether i go 15 or 30 is the question... if the sound quality is the same then it's all about the speaker i guess?
Get a 15.. For sure!

30 laney watts is way more than you could ever imagne
15 is enough for playing in tha b3dr00m! And, it also does small gigs me thinks
VC30 > VC15.

Just be careful you don't break them....
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Mine (VC30) works well in my bedroom. I get the volume on clean to around 4, so it's not too bad. Though my parent's don't really care, so thats probably why I can play through it that loud.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild