Page 1 of 2
I just got a call from our internet provider. They completely killed my internet until i stopped uploading. They didn't say I had to stop downloading, just no more seeding. I cut it off, and here i am on the internet.

Warning, they ARE cracking down.
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Pff. Only fake pirates do things electronically now.

Bristol va? I live like 25-30 minutes away from you.
I download on the schools internet, so hopefully they don't do anything.
Quote by 40oz2freeedom
just ask her to touch her toes naked....shell never expect whats next
what the hell, they really are cracking down on downloading all of a sudden...oh well i cant complain, it was all free anyways
Quote by Capua47
whos ur isp?

BVU, local company.
Quote by Captain_Kickass

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

Quote by StenTheAwesome
Anyone know if they're cracking down on one-click hosting like megaupload and rapidshare yet? Or how they would do that?

doubt it. its still quite obscure, and record companies cant go demanding to see isps records of internet traffic. against the freedom of infomation act.
I gave up on torrents, I type gibberish into google along with a music track, and it finds legal(ish) music, no torrents, straight, mp3 dl.
Quote by Capua47
wait does limewire count as torrents? dont laugh at me,..

not torrents, but file sharing, yes. watch yourself. just take away it's ability to upload anything
Quote by Captain_Kickass

Quote by Capua47

Yeah, somewhere in options you can limit uploads to 0kb.

0kb = Zilch. = No batty isp's.
Quote by StenTheAwesome
Anyone know if they're cracking down on one-click hosting like megaupload and rapidshare yet? Or how they would do that?

It is possible and some ISP's block certain ones. My ISP blocked the old rapidshare.de and it was slightly annoying having to get around that but after rapidshare.com was introduced I haven't had any problems.
Quote by Capua47

No, Limewire is called P2P - peer to peer. My limited understanding of it is that peer to peer is you getting it straight from another person's computer, hence the name. With torrents, you get little pieces of the file from many other computers who have it, and you're computer puts it all back together.

This really sucks by the way. I hope I don't get cracked down on.
We're only strays.
Quote by CLVPX
I gave up on torrents, I type gibberish into google along with a music track, and it finds legal(ish) music, no torrents, straight, mp3 dl.

say what?
My ISP just asks that i don't do it in peak hours...<_<
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
Jeez.

Not everything from torrent sites is pirated. There are genuine uses for bittorrent. It doesn't stress servers at all because it's peer to peer.

That said, **** you man. If in capitalism you are rewarded for being intelligent enough to succeed, I'll be rewarded for being intelligent enough to exploit those ****ers.
this could suck.

but I'm in the states, they won't get to me for a while.

chances are they'll attack limewire before they attack torrents here.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
You do know that it could have nothing to do with pirating.

One person can only upload or download so much for so long or else it'll disrupt their servers. My friend got a call from his isp because of the amount of streaming he was doing.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Last edited by thrashfan at Nov 13, 2007,
They aren't cutting you off because you upload torrents, they're cutting you off because you upload too much in general. You probably only agreed on a certain bandwidth plan, so if you throw them an extra $20 a month they'd shut up.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Yes, you probably exceeded your upload limit.

And to clear up any misconceptions, torrents != pirating.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
God dammit. I hate all this cracking down on illegal downloading stuff. I mean, come on, it's not like it's against the law or anything.

But seriously, yeah, it sucks, but whatever man. They'll never be able to fully wipe it out anyway.
Quote by The Spoon
what the hell, they really are cracking down on downloading all of a sudden...oh well i cant complain, it was all free anyways

So is knowledge.

Stop thinking in terms of money.
My God, it's full of stars!
I don't see music. But movies and pr0n I seed constantly.

Besides, downloading is a gray area of legality. Sharing (seeding) is against the law. Either way I win. There isn't enough music out there that I want I don't already have. Few new albums here and there, not much anymore. I do download mass movies though. Good thing the MPAA knows downloading isn't hurting movie sales. Only 6% of Americans (reported by ISP Survey) download large movie files, and we know 5% of that is pr0n.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
l33ch3rs!!!!!!!
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
They make programs that mask your ISP's torrent activity, you know. Most of them are free, and the ones that aren't can be illegally downloaded from bit torrent.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Quote by CLVPX

Is that gibberish something along the lines of intitle:"index of" (mp3|m4a|wma) by any chance?

Lots of Kirby avatars in this thread.
Quote by lemon
I love living in Canada

+1
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by SkyValley
They make programs that mask your ISP's torrent activity, you know. Most of them are free, and the ones that aren't can be illegally downloaded from bit torrent.

names? i would like to see these programs.
Quote by skeptopotamus
Pff. Only fake pirates do things electronically now.

Bristol va? I live like 25-30 minutes away from you.

agreed. I'm all for commandeering boats.
one of my life goals is to get together a band of pirates and steal a boat just like Johnny Depp but less gay.
Quote by dreamtheater91
I just got a call from our internet provider. They completely killed my internet until i stopped uploading. They didn't say I had to stop downloading, just no more seeding. I cut it off, and here i am on the internet.

Warning, they ARE cracking down.

You should review your contract, what they're doing might be illegal, at least I've heard a couple similar cases where it has been. You could be seeding open office, and that's open source and free. I would really consider switching ISPs if you have any options.
Page 1 of 2