Page 1 of 2
im 15 years old well next year im thinking about dropping out so i can stay home all day and jam with my band. maybe well make it and maybe we wont but its worth a shot rite..?
depends if you suck or not. post clips and let the pit decide your fate... mwa ha ha ha ha
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
no, your 15 ffs.
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
What a waste if you do.

Stay in school and educate yourself.
Terms and Conditions apply.
worst. idea. ever. unless, of course, you'd like to fail life.

and i hope you're not the lyricist if you're thinking about dropping out. learn English, get a grasp for the language, learn how to play with the words, otherwise your lyrics will most likely be bland and unoriginal. the only reason I take AP Composition is to learn more about writing methods and styles to make my work better.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Dude seriously, you don't want to be some idiot. Besides, if your band fails, what are you gonna do? Go back to high school being 20 years old+? How pathetic!

All-in-all, stay in school, unless you wanna be a bum.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Stay in school. Unless your band can REEEAAALLLLYYYYYY make it big, it's not worth it. Hell, a lot of bands that are big now probably struggled for a while with secondary jobs and whatnot.
you can drop out if thats what you like, do whatever makes you happy but
dont just stay at home and jam all day get a job so that you wont be broke when you move out or whatever
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by brandon_congo
im 15 years old well next year im thinking about dropping out so i can stay home all day and jam with my band. maybe well make it and maybe we wont but its worth a shot rite..?

You're 15. It may not feel like it, but you're fucking young. You're especially too young to be making decisions like this that 100% will have an impact on the rest of your life.

The things you want out of life now will change drastically for the next 10 years. You'll be a different person next year, and the year after that, and the year after that.

Your education is one of the very few things that no one but yourself can take away. Don't waste the chance.
If you have to second guess it then your band must not be good enough to make you want to drop out.
don't take english class take domination 101 it is the only way to dominate.
also remember rock and roll is about rock and roll so don't listen to what people tell you just rock and roll but seriouly domination is the only thing that matters.
Quote by brandon_congo
well if we fail i could get my GED and then get a job somewhere

Still not as good as what you could do if you finished high school and went to college.
you're an idiot...if you dont have enough time to jam after school, and weekends...then you probably aren't good enough to get songwriting done to begin with. That is ample time to create music for someone who isn't even great at it...give you at least 3 hours a day and then the entire weekend
my music....so check it out

www.myspace.com/copperchild
Not supporting this in anyway but Chris Cornell dropped out of High School and look at his lyrics.

Be a thinker, not a stinker - Apollo Creed
Any response that I made in which I was being completely honest with you would make me sound like a total asshole. I think you can extrapolate my response from that statement.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by brandon_congo

I'm about as anti-career path as they come, but let me tell you...a GED ain't worth shit unless you're gonna use it to get something higher. At least get an associates degree.
stay in school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Gunpowder
This article just proves that we should never underestimate the deadly potential of baked goods.

Quote by Gunpowder
This, my friends, is the quintessence of average Pit-goer's thought process & logic.

UG MISSILE BASE !
UG's Hate Crew group
Quote by brandon_congo

Completly ****ing retarded

Don't screw up your whole future just to hang with some kids you probably won't talk to in a few years
stay in school. Get some friends so you can fill your shows. School makes social life a billion times easier.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
all of you are saying stay in school
but im failing all 7 of my classes and all i think about in school is music
Quote by brandon_congo

Ah, so you think you're some sort of little musical prodigy who can't be contained in school, eh?

Well, guess what, scooter?

You're not.

Start studying.
Quote by brandon_congo

Then you need to reset your priorities. Music is a great thing. But it is also a very hard career choice to succeed in. When you reach 24-25 yrs of age and manage to realize that death by slow starvation really sucks you will regret the decision you are contemplating. Who knows maybe you will be the next big thing in 2 or 3 years. Maybe you wont. Nobody can take your education away from you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by brandon_congo

Do a bit of work then. I'm willing to bet you're a lazy sod who doesn't try at all at school.
Quote by brandon_congo
maybe well make it and maybe we wont but its worth a shot rite..?

No. No, it's not worth a shot. Statistics are completely against you. I can guarantee you that there's less than 1% chance you'll make it.

And you desperately need those English classes.

Dropping out is never a good idea.
Quote by brandon_congo

I'm not failing my subjects and most of what I think about is music

Try harder
It's been said in here already, but don't drop out. Hate to break it to you, but the chances of your band making it big enough to where you don't need a daytime job are very slim, especially if you're only 15. Just keep your band as an after school/weekends thing, and see how it goes from there.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
yeah you better let us hear your music chances r u are no that good and ythis is stupid and you will be working in a grocery store for the rest of your life waiting to collect a ****ty pension check you can still barely live on
song stuck in my head today

stay in school, fool!!!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by brandon_congo

Why go through all that? Just stay in school now and get your diploma ASAP.

Otherwise you're quite right buttf*cked.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
well bro
just drop out
smoke alot of weed
make alot of music
and u know what if it dont work out
live with ur parents 4-ever
or the streets

sounds great!
Quote by brandon_congo

So you're gonna take the proverbial easy way out just to ty and dive head first into the music industry, one of the world's most vicious tanks of business sharks? I can promise you that being a professional musician is NOT all or even mostly fun and games. There's a lot of work involved and if you don't have a business mindset, something you probably cannot even comprehend right now, then you will sink on your first try and each subsequent attempt. Playing music is more strategy than talent and if what you're playing can't be targeted for sales, then you're fucked.
TS have you discussed this with your parents? What do they think?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Page 1 of 2