Yeah, I've been playing for a year and I need some songs, I know the basics so give me something more advanced and less well known, also any tips to alternate picking, cuz i seriously can't get it , at low speeds I'm fine but at high speeds I can't do it evenly, it just is irregular in the pacing, and at the beginning of Sanitarium, how do you do the Harmonics, w/o hitting open notes 1st.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Chromatics for agility, dexterity, and speed. Boring but very effective.

Chris
You have to be able to fingerpick with a completely relaxed hand at slow speeds. That is probably the problem; that you tense up a lot when the higher speeds come and that is why it gets so uneven. (Yet, even at the slower speed, you may be tenser than you need to be.)
When you fingerpick, you should practice in slow motion. OH, and really important, "imagine you are zapping a dead frog with a battery" Each movement of the hand is to contain a small rest, as if the hand were dead between the notes. This has to be practiced VERY slowly in the beginning, but in the end you will be able to fingerpick like a bat out of hell. Remember, you are not developing only muscles, but training them, coordinating them. I hope I was able to help!
Michael Ferris
ferrisguitar.com
thx mike, but i didn't ask about fingerpicking? Iasked about harmonics and alternate picking. that's good advice tho
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
For alternate picking look at some old 60s surf music like the Ventures ,Dick Dale ,Duane Eddy or the Surfari's. Lots of different tempo changes and alternate picking in there.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09