okay i'm getting my first electric guitar really soon probably an Fender HSS Stratocaster. if you guys can recommend me anything else thats good.

but for now i'm looking for an amp under $300. i was looking into vox, rolands, line6 and such but i dont know anything about these since im new in the electric guitar department (only been playing acoustic/bass).

so what do you guys recommend? i want to get that guns n roses sound, red hot chili peppers nd also get a bit of clapton in there. well basically a versatile sound. i think the hss could give me that but i need an amp to back it up.
GG&A forum next time...
Vox easily
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Line 6 aren't as bad as EVERYONE is out to get it. but again they're not omfg pwn. I've had one for a while and I'm ok with it. Practice amp = yes, gig = NO x 4.454541234^100000000

yes Vox or Roland Cube 30 watt
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
i'd go with a vox. they make great amps
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Vox Valvetronix AD50TV 2X12 are only 299 USD at Sam Ash is you live in the US. For some discontinuation thing.... those are awesomely beautiful.....!!!!!
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (moDE)

Ibanez Electro-Acustic

Zoom G2.1u

Roland Cube 60
Vox AD50VT 2x12

And A Great Passion!

Best Spanish Rock Band IS and WILL always be "Heroes Del Silencio"!!!!!
Quote by kobain666
Vox Valvetronix AD50TV 2X12 are only 299 USD at Sam Ash is you live in the US. For some discontinuation thing.... those are awesomely beautiful.....!!!!!

hmm wierd that guitarcenter has the same thing but 100 dollars more. well i'll go to samash to get my gear.

thanks for the help guys i'll probably get that vox ad50 and my hss strat sometime next week =)
you'll be way happier in the long run if you get a small tube combo like a crate palomino or one of the 15 watt fenders.
DEFINATLY out of those please do yourself a favor and get a vox valvetronix... I own the 30 watt version $249 and thats all you'll ever need for practice/room and it's extremely versatile. But regardless of what we recommend I think you should try them out first.
Quote by Links 2 3 4
Line 6 aren't as bad as EVERYONE is out to get it. but again they're not omfg pwn. I've had one for a while and I'm ok with it. Practice amp = yes, gig = NO x 4.454541234^100000000

No x 4.54541234 is Like 4.5NO

EDIT: ^10000000 is alot more
Quote by dewdadrew
No x 4.54541234 is Like 4.5NO

EDIT: ^10000000 is alot more

that made no sense at all...
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Quote by SOAD_freak777
you'll be way happier in the long run if you get a small tube combo like a crate palomino or one of the 15 watt fenders.

Fenders won't get him GnR...

If you're just going to use it as a practice amp, get the 15 watt Vox AD15VT. There's no point to pay extra money for a 30 watter if you're just playing at home.

But if you're gonna practice with a band, I think a AD30VT will do it.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
mm this threads old lol.

i got a vox just to let you guys know
My Gear:
-Laguna LE322
-Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
-Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
-Yamaha Bass (Idk what model)

To Get:
-New Humbucker Pickups
voxad30vt clean is BEAUTIFUL,.............BUT the cons are that the sound is "caged" it doesnt projects very well, so to hear the actual tone ur gettingu have to be in front of the speaker, another think, ull have a semi-rough time getting good dists, get a non modellin amp like crate palomino or something
The vox is better than the roland. In my opinion the roland cubes suck, I really didn't like them. However go to a store and play everything in that price range. Take a look at the crate flexwave series. I preferred them to both the vox and roland.
Quote by SOAD_freak777

This is what I first thought, though the Blues Jr. doesn't have much for features. I own one of those right now, but may sell it soon once the new power tubes come in that I recently bought online (I only tend to use my modded YCV50). Great sounding amp, but the reverb on them is cheap like most onboard reverb and it doesn't have a gain channel or anything. Can get plenty loud enough to make the neighbors mad too if the threadposter hasn't tried one and questions 15 watt (they are very loud actually - and don't get that harsh sound that hurts my ears from SS amps). At any rate - modern cheap SS amps sound like s***... If you got something like a Blues Jr. you could always add an overdrive pedal or something to it.