Seriously. You could hand me a disgusting looking guitar and if it sounds amazing I'll use it. Some new kid who just got a 200 dollar BC Rich (OMFG NO WAY, HOW COOL ) showed it off. All of the kids were like OMG NO WAI IT LWEKS SO CEWL LAWL. It was that 150 dollar bronze series i think... It's so stupid how kids get into the looks. Performance THEN looks. You might be saying that i have a f-250, but I love the sound of it. so shush
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
LYke OMG!!!11 LoOk$ arR SO MuCh betTEr THaN sOunD!~~~~!!!@!@!@@!@

on a more serious note, how a guitar plays and sounds is more important than looks, but having a nice looking guitar that plays and sounds great doesnt hurt!
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
Quote by subliminaldelta
Wow! This is totally related to the electric guitar!

Wow! It is, since it's a rant about a guitar. I guess it's ironic, since it's the electric guitar section

>_>

buzzcut that's what I think. Just for cheaper you can't always find a OMG SEXY guitar, so you'll have to deal with it. Plus it's better since if you ever challenge a noob they think since they're guitar looks better they'll have the upper hand... I guess lol
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
i agree, i honestly could care less if my flying v had no paint, or had huge scratches on it, as long as it plays as well as it does

on the other hand, a reverse flying v, thats just ugly
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Links 2 3 4
Seriously. You could hand me a disgusting looking guitar and if it sounds amazing I'll use it. Some new kid who just got a 200 dollar BC Rich (OMFG NO WAY, HOW COOL ) showed it off. All of the kids were like OMG NO WAI IT LWEKS SO CEWL LAWL. It was that 150 dollar bronze series i think... It's so stupid how kids get into the looks. Performance THEN looks. You might be saying that i have a f-250, but I love the sound of it. so shush

You contradict yourself...plus it just sounds like someone is jealous. The other kids who were impressed don't play guitar so they are obviously going to be taken in by looks more. Besides if they're drooling over a bronze series BC Rich then I don't really care about their opinion anyway.
but to be honest when you(and when i say you i mean i) look around a for guitars i gravitate toward the ones that look nice in my opinion. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I don't care how good a wangcaster plays (or how good the upper frett access is) i don't want a guitar that looks like a c0ck. looks are important
Quote by mrmarc772
I don't care how good a wangcaster plays (or how good the upper frett access is) i don't want a guitar that looks like a c0ck.

LMAO

But yeah I'm drawn to the nicer looking guitars, Looks are a huge aesthetic appeal of the electric guitar. Sound comes first, but who wants a guitar that looks like a complete piece of crap (except relic'd guitars.... they're an exception xD)
I don't care in most cases cos my guitar is usually the better made and sounding one out of the people I know but one person said "My guitar's better than yours, it's pink" and it's a plywood strat copy. . . and she doesnt play guitar, either way that pisses me off, also someone once ended an "argument" by saying "yeah BUT my guitar's so sexy" and I was thinking "don't you end this with that. . your guitar has a friggin edge three. . that's set up WRONG."

Though looks are somethign to consider, as long as you consider it after everything else.
When you live in a society where how you look, how you're supposed to think,
feel and what you believe in comes from the TV, what do you expect? It's a world
of walking, talking, consumer zombies with all the depth of a mud-puddle.

Better get used to it. Or move to Tibet. That's about the only culture I can think of
where they actually respect enlightenment..
How the guitar sounds is hugely important, but if you plan to perform in front of actual people in a live environment, don't forget that your visual presentation is a component of the performance. It matters, sometimes more or less depending on the situation but it matters. It's kind of like going on a job interview. Your resume will tell them about who you are, but how you present yourself tends to make them draw some conclusions as well. IMHO I think that a lot of relic'ed instruments are geared towards a market segment of folks who want to look the part of having "been there" and "done that" and have some years of experience. A well worn instrument sends certain signals just as loudly and clearly as one that has a new showroom shine. Outrageous shapes can send some signals as clearly as a ncie traditional shape. Are all the conclusions people draw always right? Heck no. Think about all the people you know and how many of them are right all the time. But people will tend to draw conclusions based on appearance and a successful entertainer can use this to his/her advantage as part of a total performance package.
looks are obviously important to some extent, i personnally would not buy a guitar i hated the look of despite what i thought of the sound.

although looks arent any substitute for sound either, i like a balance of both.
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
i do like the looks of the guitar, looks are almost as imporant as sound in my opinion but i wouldnt buy it if it looked bad, id find a better guitar that looks AND sounds better
color too, my friend has this guitar that sounds and has the shape of an amazing guitar, but its in a bannana yellow finish...whitch is why i woulndt buy it...if only it came in a different finish...
w/e how a guitar looks is important in my opinion
People hear with their eyes.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Heck. If there was one guitar that everyone agreed was the most amazing sounding, playing, and feeling guitar in the world, it could be shaped just like Pamala Anderson's vag and I would still buy it. Even if it included herpes.

I've recently came to the epiphany that I don't give a rat's ass about looks. Hence why I stoped looking at Jackson RR's, ESP F's, Ibanez Xiphos..es, and the such, and started looking at Jackson DK's, ESP H's, and Ibanez RG's. IMO, superstrats are kinda basic and overdone. But there is no arguing that they are much more comfortable and playable than most radical shapes.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
It's the same principle as clothing, cars, phones, shoes, self-care/hygiene, etc. Why not wear ugly clothing? Or walk outside without ever styling your hair? You'd still technically function the same. You'd survive.

To the OP: Honestly, if you live in this society, you should be able to answer your own question.
Quote by Miasma909
You contradict yourself...plus it just sounds like someone is jealous. The other kids who were impressed don't play guitar so they are obviously going to be taken in by looks more. Besides if they're drooling over a bronze series BC Rich then I don't really care about their opinion anyway.

NO the guitar is 150 retail he payed 200 for it. I'm not jealous, I don't like BC Rich :?

And the kids do play guitar, but I guess you could easily mistake them for people who don't
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Quote by Links 2 3 4

People get Warlocks because they're just starting out and have no idea what they're doing......Mine has served me well enough for about two years and I'm getting an Ibanez pretty soon even though it's white and I don't care for white guitars...I just like the feel of it...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls