apparently (i just got the postcard in the mail today) on friday the 23rd this month guitar center is having a 20% off one single item sale. but the sale is only from 8am to 10am.
nice
i wonder if they'll take it off for a guitar i bought there 3 months ago but still have the reciept? they said they would when my mom asked.
either way, i'm saving 20% on something.

discuss
i got that too. apparently its for black friday so you guys better lineup because i think the stock might be limited.
im thinkin of goin get me a cheapo acoustic
Nice.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Hmmm Nice I might go and get a nice pedal or something save my self some money

...or check if they have a roland cube 30 watt :|
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
DO NOT SHOP AT GUITAR CENTER!!!!

In the name of everything holy (Randy Rhoads, Jason Becker, Black Sabbath, Slayer....) GC is the Antichrist - or at least a commercialized, music retail version of It.

You know how people say "don't eat tuna" because of the dolphin thing, or "don't buy Wal-Mart" because of the underpaid Chinese kids?

Same thing. Guitar Center is killing everything that is holy, namely your local music retail establishment which you should patronize even though it costs more.

The long-term costs to our planet (and our sanity) are far greater when you shop at The Evil Ones!!!

"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Same thing. Guitar Center is killing everything that is holy, namely your local music retail establishment which you should patronize even though it costs more.

i totally agree. when guitar center opened up here, all the local small shops with in 10 miles closed. which sucks cause one of them had a sh!t load of ibanez's and my guitar center has like 2
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
DO NOT SHOP AT GUITAR CENTER!!!!

yes! guitar is a musical instrument, not a money maker for greedy corporations to take advantage of ignorant to-be musicians.
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die
do you guys have the hourly led zep giveaway?
Fender MIM Standard lefty strat (midnight wine, sexy i know)
Vox DA15
Quote by rock.meet Slash
oh yes but do they have....THE PIT?

Quote by rickmeister
Stealing is cool again? Sweet, I'm gonna rob a Subway brb
Hmmmm someone sounds like a GC employee SPREADING PROPAGANDA IN OUR FAIR UG FORUMS.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Just make sure you know the REAL retail price of an item when you go in. Sometimes retailers mark up, just to mark down. Sad really, but this practice has been going on for years.

Chris
Last edited by RCShadow at Nov 13, 2007,
Quote by crazynickman
Hmmmm someone sounds like a GC employee SPREADING PROPAGANDA IN OUR FAIR UG FORUMS.

funny
nah i just thought people would like 20% off since they complain about prices so much
still. shop around, you can usually find items in other local stores for 20% off gc prices.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i could go to gc
but theres' a local outlet here called benjacks that charges about the same
its closer
and you dont' have that inundation of a million ****ty guitar players cranking mgs
TS, they aren't going to give you 20% off something you bought 3 months ago. 45 days yes, but not 3 months. Also, do shop at local stores. 99% of them are much more willing to deal and beat any price GC will throw at you.
Quote by guitaruboy
hey, 20% off a standard strat sounds right enough to buy from the big companies.....

A MO FUGGIN MEN!!

I planned on buying that or an Agile soon anyway.
This black friday sale is the difference between a MIM Strat or an Agile AL3000........................................ AND A MICHAEL KELLY PATRIOT CUSTOM!!!!

How dare you tell me not to shop at guitar center...
I don't care, I'm getting a WD-7 if I absolutely can. I just heard a demo, and it blew my focking mind.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
does the 20% also apply online?

'67 Gibson SG Standard
MXR Phase 90 | Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9 | Vox V847A Wah-Wah
'65 Fender Bassman
You can usually haggle down about 20% on bigger things anyway...
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I only buy at my local privately owned shop, not guitar center. I agree.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
^Don't bump. No we don't.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Quote by RCShadow
Just make sure you know the REAL retail price of an item when you go in. Sometimes retailers mark up, just to mark down. Sad really, but this practice has been going on for years.

Chris

It's illegal to falsely display the RRP. You HAVE to tell people the most current list price you have been given. Stores generally put their marked prices up before or during sales, so while you still get a slight discount, it ends up a lot less than 20%

Just talk them into whatever you could normally haggle them down to, by getting quotes of family owned stores, then take the 20% off that.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this