so i know the first fingering position for the harmonic minor in any key. but i was wondering how i would figure out the other fingering positions on different frets but stay in the same key. could u tell me how to figure out the way i would play a certain scale on different frets but stay in the same key.?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Write out the scale on a complete fretboard diagram, and find the chord shapes for the tonic. There should be a C, A, G, E and D shape. The notes on the frets around those chord shapes are the scale position shapes.
thats what im talking about. how do i figure it out myself?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Write out the actual notes (A, Bb, B, C etc); and use the scale formula (1 2 b3 4 5 b6 7) to work out which of those notes are in the scale.
how would i figure out all the positions for the key if e for example. how would i figure it out myself. i want to know how to play in the key of e on every fret. how would i do it?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92