im trying to set up a router and it says enter the ip address of your router. how do i find the ip adress of my router?
Running away from this earth.
May it pass away in the beautiful flames that it was created for.
Because when tomorrow fails to come,
today is just not the same.
Inflamed earth.
Roses.
In this hope.
For all i care set it all ablaze.

Well... Does anyone know if routers have network names? If they do, just go into command, type "ping (whatever network name your router has)" without the quotes. that should give you the ip. if routers have ip's, that is.
My Build! The Razorbeast Could really use some help.

I am always right. and if I am always right, my first statement about always being right, by simple logic, must be true, thus proving that I am always right. dependency loops rule.
I believe it should also be on the bottom of your modem (the box thing where the cable or DSL comes in)
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
the ip to access the router firmware right ?

if thats so, it should say in the manual
of it doesnt, try 192.168.0.1, 10.1.1.1, 10.3.3.3

these are the most common ones that i know of, should work, it will ask for user and password
just enter
user: admin
pass: admin
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Pi is exactly three!!!!!
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Make sure you open the cmd prompt and do ping, if you do it straight from the run it'll close the prompt before you can read it.
Your router does not have a fixed external IP address (I think ), but a fixed internal address on your local area network. I'd go with 192.168.0.0

Good luck!
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation