i've been looking for an amp for a while now, i'm into tube, i've looked at the valvekings and the ATs of B-52 my price range is around at most $750 and i finally found this one, so if anyone knows any thing about it that'd be great; i play anything from jazz to heavy metal and i have a schecter c-1 hellraiser. need some help here.
~shecter hellraiser C-1~
i would suggest getting a marshall.. marshalls are very versitile.. and can go from jazz, to blues, to metal with just the touch of a few buttons.
probably a 100 watt marshall is the best... for not too much money.. and for just jamming witha band you wont need much more than 100 watts.

quite ironically.. my name is marshall too:p
haha, hit me back.
haha that is ironic but marshall...., what marshalls are good in my price range? ive heard just as many bad things about the mg stack as i have the valveking
~shecter hellraiser C-1~
Quote by atreyunderworld
i would suggest getting a marshall.. marshalls are very versitile.. and can go from jazz, to blues, to metal with just the touch of a few buttons.
probably a 100 watt marshall is the best... for not too much money.. and for just jamming witha band you wont need much more than 100 watts.

quite ironically.. my name is marshall too:p
haha, hit me back.

Come on Marshall, that's bull****, sorry.

Only Marshall in his Price Range (new) is the MG, and he doesn't want that one.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
It's a good amp, but you said you're in to tube, and that's a hybrid.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
id say go for the ad60 those are much bettor sounding than the regular advt series and they have more memmory and alot more features
I think an MG100DFX would be perfect. They are about $600 and it's a great amp. I have one, and I find that I can get lots of different/good sounds out of it.

Although, I got lucky and found my amp second hand for 250, it came with pedals and a guitar and I had to jump at that.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ebay Help > asking a dog for help > The Pit

Quote by brady12345
dude, you have a camera, go kick some people in the nuts and run
Do not get the Marshall MG suggested above...also the amp you mentioned is not a tube, is a hybrid, and to tell you the truth hybrids hardly have the tube sound at all
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
I've played the older Valvetronix through a ****ty Peavey 4x10" at band practice...it was more versatile and projected better than my Palomino V16 that I had used previously, but it just didn't sound as good, cut as well, or seem as big.

Steer clear from the Marshall MG, there are better SS heads, and tube combos, at that price point.
Hey Saofan, I was in a similiar situation myself. I was upgrading from a Vox 50 watt valvetronix, and was looking for tube. I looked at a bunch, and settled on the B-52 AT-112 combo. It's 60 watts all tube and does the job. And it can do even more if you put an eq in the loop or do the eq patch trick. I've had mine for a month and haven't had a problem out of it other than it's just so dang LOUD. I got mine for 550 at Musiciansfriend. So you'd hav a buch left over for pedals or whatever.

And I can kinda see how some people say it's a poor man's Mesa. It's got kind of a Mesa mid-y growl to it at high gain. But again, that just may be me.
Get a bugera half stack with $700 bucks =)

DONT get the marshall mg like that person up there is suggesting... its TERRIBLE..
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h
Get a bugera half stack with $700 bucks =)

DONT get the marshall mg like that person up there is suggesting... its
TERRIBLE..

and what is your proof that it's terrible?
Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by brady12345
Quote by -GuitarHero-
and what is your proof that it's terrible?

Um, the sound alone. Not to mention the reliability problems
Quote by Horlicks
Um, the sound alone. Not to mention the reliability problems

How would you know..
Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by brady12345
Personaly experience plays a part. I played before with my friends 15 watt MG and it sounds worse than my Orange Crush.
Quote by Horlicks
Personaly experience plays a part. I played before with my friends 15 watt MG and it sounds worse than my Orange Crush.

lol 15watt... well what if I said i liked the sound of my MG100watt, which I do.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by brady12345
Quote by -GuitarHero-
lol 15watt... well what if I said i liked the sound of my MG100watt, which I do.

i'd say you are a tone deaf idiot for paying that much for a marshall SS
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by forsaknazrael
I don't see why you bumped a 2 month old thread to defend a terrible amp.

And then, to start it off, your first thread in this post was to bump the thread, which was 4-5 months old at the time!

I was bored, nothing better then a good ol' internet battle :P
Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by brady12345
Quote by forsaknazrael
I don't see why you bumped a 2 month old thread to defend a terrible amp.

And then, to start it off, your first thread in this post was to bump the thread, which was 4-5 months old at the time!

wow - i didn't even notice that....what is the deal lately? are folks just trying to stir sh*t up?

:
Quote by shredhead22
i'd say you are a tone deaf idiot for paying that much for a marshall SS half stack

wtf..I didn't buy a marshall SS half stack...even so, I bought it second hand 250$ which came with a copy strat, an effects pedal, and a broken distortion pedal. Tell me you wouldn't do that?
Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by brady12345
Quote by Horlicks
No

Well I'm sorry i don't have money pouring out of my ears.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by brady12345
I don't exactly have money pouring out my ears. I make £12.50 a week working (16), I just don't waste my money on crap that is worthless anyway
Quote by -GuitarHero-
wtf..I didn't buy a marshall SS half stack...even so, I bought it second hand 250$ which came with a copy strat, an effects pedal, and a broken distortion pedal. Tell me you wouldn't do that?

i wouldn't do that. the MG is a terrible sounding amp IMO. And yes, before you get butthurt, i have played more than just the 15w models
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by forsaknazrael
I'm sorry you don't have good ears. Or common sense - Don't bump old threads.

whats it to you.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by brady12345
Quote by shredhead22
i wouldn't do that. the MG is a terrible sounding amp IMO. And yes, before you get butthurt, i have played more than just the 15w models

Well why don't we just stop posting in this..Your just as bad as me for bumping it.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by brady12345
Quote by -GuitarHero-
Well why don't we just stop posting in this..You're just as bad as me for bumping it.

*fixed*

your love of MGs and your logic concerning my posts lead me to believe you're in the 14-15 year old range

*checks profile*

yup, thought so
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
*fixed*

your love of MGs and your logic concerning my posts lead me to believe you're in the 14-15 year old range

*checks profile*

yup, thought so

So am I, but I have common sense.
vox is ****
Ibanez RG350DX - ESP LTD EC-500

Peavey JSX 212 Combo - Digitech RP 250
Quote by forsaknazrael
Don't know. Been a lot of necro-bumping this past week.

Seriously.

I don't get why people don't get infractions for it on this forum. I fine if the person actually has useful information to add to the topic, but necro-bumps are always of the dumbest things...