Now before anybody reads anything about this, keep in mind that this is nothing more than a conspiracy theory so don't go losing your **** saying "OMFG ITS SO FAKE!!!11! EVERYONE IS AN IDIOT FOR BELIEVING DIFFERENTLY!1!". Is it totally likely this would happen? Probably not. Is it a possibility? Anythings possible. I personally believe that the Illuminati have some f*cked up plans for society so I don't totally deny something like this could be entirely impossible.

The basic jist of the theory is that the powers that be plan to ignite a gas giant (Saturn) with a plutonium filled space probe in hopes to ignite the planet into a second star. Why? Well just watch the videos (or read the document if you feel up to it) to find out about the whole ordeal.

Anyways, here are some links to get yourself acquainted with this fear-striking theory if you don't already know about it.

http://www.rinf.com/news/nov05/lucifer-project.html - A document talking about the theory.

And a couple of videos that go over the potential project

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NijrbwPfLFk

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=8950409300587216377&q=lucifer+project&total=89&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4

This thread is mostly for other conspiracy theorists. If you don't care about conspiracies and don't even want to bother watching the videos or anything, then simply don't reply.
Last edited by Uncle Fonzie at Nov 13, 2007,
wasnt led zepplin involved in something called the lucifer project? If Im not mistaken lucifer rising, it was some sort of film.
Dude if you set Saturn on fire it will not make Titan habitable. It will make Titan extra crispy. They aren't that far apart, you know.

I like the idea, though. The amount of energy we could produce from that kind of thing the oil crisis could be over for good.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
OMFG ITS SO FAKE!!!11! EVERYONE IS AN IDIOT FOR BELIEVING DIFFERENTLY!1!

yeah.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Ahh, guess we'll just have to wait and see really.

I'm not holding my breath though.
I read the document and I have to say that it is a very dumb idea. First of the chances of it actually working the way it was intended are slim to none. Secondly if somehow it did, there would be another sun! Can you imagine what that would do to life on earth, Earth and Saturn are not close by any means but I'm sure it would effect the Earth somehow. Though I'm sure the only thing that would happen is that Saturn would go boom, and fry Titan.
Quote by 40oz2freeedom
just ask her to touch her toes naked....shell never expect whats next
Thats actually an interesting theory. Scary as hell but that humans for you. This isn't the only thing with potential of killing billions. There is a particle accelorater in planning (aparently) in sweden with the capability of destroying the entire planet.

Conclusion: Humans are ego driven monsters that will be the only ones to blame for their own destruction.
Quote by Dark Aegis
wasnt led zepplin involved in something called the lucifer project? If Im not mistaken lucifer rising, it was some sort of film.

yes, it was about some satanist/occult leader. It was only jimmy page and he made the music. Yes it was lucifer rising.

But yeah, thats bull****, First off, you couldn't simply blow up a nuclear bomb and expect the hydroden in saturn to start the fusion process and turn into a sun. The sun, to maintain fusion, has a MASSIVE force of gravity. THis gravity pulls each hydrogen atom in with enough energy to start and maintain fusion. So assuming that an atomic bomb had enough energy to start the fusion process (which it doesn't) Saturn doesn't have the gravity to maintain it since its an unbelievable small fraction of the mass and size of the sun. And why saturn? Jupiter is made of the same gas and closer. Jupiter won't work either for the record. Anyone who's taken high school physics could tell you this.

And yes, hydrogen is extremely flamible, but only in the presence of oxygen. They're isn't oxygen on Saturn or in the vacuum in space.

What idiot would fall for this? Jesus, next your going to be saying 9/11 was done by our government.

Oh and to the particle accelerator thing. No the thing couldn't destroy a planet. It fires atoms at high speeds, but that's not enough to destroy much.
Last edited by DaveGilmour1189 at Nov 13, 2007,
I don't think it could happen. When would they do it? To do it sometime in the near future would mean the annihilation of life on Earth. Also, it wouldn't make any sense to do such a thing. With Saturn's mass, Saturn would most likely turn into a white dwarf. The gravity would then probably pull its moons inward and engulf them. not only this, but there's also no water.
Okay, i read the source and watched the video.

They're idiots. I mean really, they are on acid. Wow. and i thought loose change was complete bull****, but this....God damn this brings conspiracy theory to a new low. Although i guess a lot of people actually believe loose change so, that might be worse. But still....
Quote by Vittu0666
I don't think it could happen. When would they do it? To do it sometime in the near future would mean the annihilation of life on Earth. Also, it wouldn't make any sense to do such a thing. With Saturn's mass, Saturn would most likely turn into a white dwarf. The gravity would then probably pull its moons inward and engulf them. not only this, but there's also no water.

It's supposedly supposed to go down July 2008. And the point is pretty much to bring the Earth into chaos and kill off most of it's population and bring in a New World Order run by the people that think they can evolve past humans. Crazy? Yes, which is why I can't stress enough that this is nothing more than an out-there theory.
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
yes, it was about some satanist/occult leader. It was only jimmy page and he made the music. Yes it was lucifer rising.

But yeah, thats bull****, First off, you couldn't simply blow up a nuclear bomb and expect the hydroden in saturn to start the fusion process and turn into a sun. The sun, to maintain fusion, has a MASSIVE force of gravity. THis gravity pulls each hydrogen atom in with enough energy to start and maintain fusion. So assuming that an atomic bomb had enough energy to start the fusion process (which it doesn't) Saturn doesn't have the gravity to maintain it since its an unbelievable small fraction of the mass and size of the sun. And why saturn? Jupiter is made of the same gas and closer. Jupiter won't work either for the record. Anyone who's taken high school physics could tell you this.

And yes, hydrogen is extremely flamible, but only in the presence of oxygen. They're isn't oxygen on Saturn or in the vacuum in space.

What idiot would fall for this? Jesus, next your going to be saying 9/11 was done by our government.

Oh and to the particle accelerator thing. No the thing couldn't destroy a planet. It fires atoms at high speeds, but that's not enough to destroy much.

oh man, watch that second movie, it is going to piss you off EVER so much.
Quote by Uncle Fonzie
It's supposedly supposed to go down July 2008. And the point is pretty much to bring the Earth into chaos and kill off most of it's population and bring in a New World Order run by the people that think they can evolve past humans. Crazy? Yes, which is why I can't stress enough that this is nothing more than an out-there theory.

Yeah...it definitely won't happen. As someone mentioned (I'm too lazy to hit the back button and check whom) you would need a lot of gravity to have the interstellar gas and dust to collapse. Saturn doesn't have much...
Quote by hen

summerize it for me. The second one won't load.
Quote by hen

hahaha. I watched part of the second one. A serpent God? Get out. Lmao. I think someone made it just to stir up controversy and see if anyone would follow it.
Omhghh Eits Teh Cause Of Teh Glubal Warmingzz!
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*