how do i figure out the the different positions for one key in the harmonic minor. i know the first position but how would i find out the positions on other frets while staying in the same key?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
as long as the position you know doesnt use any open strings, it should be move-able, and you could play it at any fret (key) you want.
Try playing them on a keyboard first if you have access to one. The notes are one after another and it should help you map them out on the guitar fret easier.
You could try writing the notes down, then just finding them on the guitar. I would start with A harmonic minor, since it only has one sharp and it'll be the easiest. Just do that in each position (start on a different note of the scale each time) and play only the notes in the scale and it shouldn't be too difficult. Hope this helps, man.
Quote by bradman2k6
You could try writing the notes down, then just finding them on the guitar. I would start with A harmonic minor, since it only has one sharp and it'll be the easiest. Just do that in each position (start on a different note of the scale each time) and play only the notes in the scale and it shouldn't be too difficult. Hope this helps, man.

Thats the best way