After being disconnected for a few months, my participation in these forums (Well...the pit. ) has greatly diminished. During that time though, I worked my ass off in order to get my technique in order. I have reached a point where I am happy (for now) and am now trying to learn theory, as I believe it would greatly improve my musicianship.
Problem is, I'm a newbie when it comes to the academic side of the guitar and find it hard to apply my rather limited knowledge during playing as I haven't quite mastered the fretboard.
Do you think I may have left it too late? I'm seriously regretting starting lessons this late. (Although it was for financial reasons.)
Also, to avoid any "wrong forum" complaints, I have a problem with playing on the low E, as I generally end up palm muting it.
I have no problems otherwise, I'm quite surprised at how much I've improved over the last few months. Thank God for the metronome and the advanced technique thread, obviously.
Thanks in advance, or at least until I finish work tomorrow. I'm tired.
"2,000,000 NPS Whores" club.
Appreciating the beauty of music so fast it blows puny mortal's faces off.
Bow down to teh Shredzor!
PM La Qotsa if you want to join. No emotion? Pah!
As long as you have the will to learn it's never too late!

As for the low E problem, I'm not sure why this could be, can you post pictures of your hand position while playing?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
As long as you have the will to learn it's never too late!

As for the low E problem, I'm not sure why this could be, can you post pictures of your hand position while playing?

I second that. As for the low E thing, just play your sings/riffs/etc without palm muting them, even it requires you to lower your speed a lot. Just do it until you can play again at the regular speed without problems. I don't think it should be much trouble, but I might be wrong. It depends how hard this habit is "carved" in you really.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Learn now, it's never too late. Holdsworth didn't play guitar until he was 17.

As for the E thing, make sure you aren't in the habit of resting your hand on the bridge as you play.
Quote by nightwind
You must never double the leading tone ever. Failure to comply will result in a fugue related death.