I play in a progressive rock band and we're trying to think of some easy-moderate difficulty prog rock songs to mix in with our originals and get the crowd's attention.
War Inside My Head is really easy.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
"Easy prog" doesn't really work. Kind of contradictory, really.

I'd suggest some Pink Floyd or Rush. How about 2112? If you can pull it off, it truly is an amazing piece to cover.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by Black Star
"Easy prog" doesn't really work. Kind of contradictory, really.

I'd suggest some Pink Floyd or Rush. How about 2112? If you can pull it off, it truly is an amazing piece to cover.

Yeah, it is an oxymoron ain't it? Well, right now we're doing Tom Sawyer and we're trying to find other recognizable covers. At this point the band is very young and we're just trying to get a feel for each other.
Quote by Zycho
Yeah, it is an oxymoron ain't it? Well, right now we're doing Tom Sawyer and we're trying to find other recognizable covers. At this point the band is very young and we're just trying to get a feel for each other.

But yeah, almost by definition you're going to be having trouble with covers that fit into that description.
You could try a Yes song or two, like Roundabout or I've Seen All Good People.

However, if I was at a show, and you wanted me to love you forever, you would do a cover of Caravan - Golf Girl.

Oh, and if you have a flute, go for Aqualung.
Some of Porcupine Tree's stuff is easy, but not as recognizable.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Play Meshuggah. It is the solution.