View poll results: well
if you can stay in time with backtrack your fine
11 38%
if you cant stay in time by your self you suck
13 45%
even if you cant keep in time that well, your skill out weighs that
5 17%
Voters: 29.
i cant keep in time very well, like when playing by myself, but when playing with drums i can keep in time fairly well, like no really problem, maybe get off a little here and there but i can easily get back on track, but anyway i got some decent skill, i can play alot of stuff, i can finger tap, im working on shredding, i know basic scales, i can reproduce most any rythm i here, i say most, for some reason i just cant get some down, but anyway i would say im a pretty well rounded guitar player, anyway, now my one friend always calls me a noob at guitar and says even this one kid (whos in school band and already knows how to keep time) is better than me even though he has only been playing 2 months, because as far as he is concerned you can be best shredder ever and if u cant keep in time then you suck, anyway i want to know what you guys think on this, cause i really want to get the pit's advice, cause all i can do right now is say "shut up bass noob, your an inferior race compared to us guitarists" or something like that.... any way pls post
No, it doesn't mean you suck. Just practice with a metronome until you get better, or tap your foot while you play.
-get a metronome and start practicing with that
-work on your scales and theory before learning to "shred." you'll be glad you did down the road
-there's always going to be pricks like that kid who will view guitar skills as another version of "muh pen0rz is bigger than yourzzzz" just ignore him and go about things on your own pace
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
TAP with FOOT!!!

= Insta--win...
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
nooo, randy. it doesn't make you bad, just different. don't ever let anyone tell you that.
:P
try and find the drum thing or whatever for "Heaven Beside You".

EDIT: i had him try the foot-tapping thing but he started doing like polyrhythms and couldn't play with his foot tapping. ima keep working with him
Last edited by frottage at Nov 13, 2007,
He's got a point, if you can't keep in time than you do suck.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
as a bassist, you shouldnt be working on finger tapping and shreding over keeping time anyways

seriously, there is basically no point at all in a bass player knowing how to shred or finger tap - it doesnt even sound that good.
Quote by haven222
No, it doesn't mean you suck. Just practice with a metronome until you get better, or tap your foot while you play.

well the problem is with metronome it doesnt stick out like a drum beat to me, when i hear metronome i subconsciously(sp?) ignore it, when i hear drum beat its like just subconscious to stay it time
Quote by RageAgainst...
-get a metronome and start practicing with that
-work on your scales and theory before learning to "shred." you'll be glad you did down the road
-there's always going to be pricks like that kid who will view guitar skills as another version of "muh pen0rz is bigger than yourzzzz" just ignore him and go about things on your own pace

well i do know some scales, but im working on speed so i can shred those scales is what i ment, and its hard to ignore him because every time me and my other guitar friend talk about music he always insults me but at least i can make bassist jokes about him
Quote by hethamulburton
TAP with FOOT!!!

= Insta--win...

i do but it i get distracted by playing sometimes
i don't understand bass players tapping, most of the time it isn't distorted so you can't even hear it.
Quote by frottage
nooo, randy. it doesn't make you bad, just different. don't ever let anyone tell you that.
:P
try and find the drum thing or whatever for "Heaven Beside You".

EDIT: i had him try the foot-tapping thing but he started doing like polyrhythms and couldn't play with his foot tapping. ima keep working with him

lol tommy, i need some ug support to tell kyle he is wrong ^_^
Quote by Trabo
as a bassist, you shouldnt be working on finger tapping and shreding over keeping time anyways

seriously, there is basically no point at all in a bass player knowing how to shred or finger tap - it doesnt even sound that good.

im not a bassist, my friend is...
It's far better to be able to keep time with drums and not with a metronome than the other way around.
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
Quote by fender1618
lol tommy, i need some ug support to tell kyle he is wrong ^_^

kyle is a bassist. bassists are always wrong /kyle.
Last edited by frottage at Nov 13, 2007,
Quote by frottage
kyle is a bassist. bassists are always wrong /kyle.

good point i got backtrack for heaven beside you by the way now i just need to learn past the intro...
Quote by djjiles
^^^umm?? he's not a bassist....
nooooo, you didn't get it. i was talking to randy (threadstarter) about kyle, our friend (bass n00b) who says randy sucks at guitar.
Quote by schecter_guy
i don't understand bass players tapping, most of the time it isn't distorted so you can't even hear it.

To go along with a joke I saw on a GH3 loading screen...

Something's wrong with your bass amp... I can hear it.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Quote by SathiaSun
To go along with a joke I saw on a GH3 loading screen...

Something's wrong with your bass amp... I can hear it.

classic