I am about to buy my first effect pedal and I am thinking of a wah just because they are fun to screw around with. I have about $120 to work with and was thinking of the Dunlop classic w/ Fasel Inductor, Dunlop original crybaby,(is there any difference between the crybaby w/ fasel inductor when compared to the one w/o) or Vox V847A. I would use it mainly on clean with the occasional light distortion solo. if there woudld be anything better in my price range please tell me but give reason for it, thanks. My amp is a roland 20X Cube and my guitar is a schecter C-1 Classic.
Last edited by TheNextJimi at Nov 13, 2007,
not to thread hi-jack but between the Vox and the Ibanez Weeping Demon whats the best?

TS since here both in your budget im in fact doing you a favour :P

PSN ID: ArranP
Yea its ok and I was actually just looking at the weeping demon as you postind that cause I have heard good things about it.
Which crybaby. And does anyone know what the difference is between the one with fasel inductors is?
For the choices you gave I'd personally go with the Vox. Its in my top three favorite Wahs and the other two are out of your budget I believe. But the Vox is great and well worth the money.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
There not out of my range but actually below it so it would give me money to spend on other things, but thats not important. I was alos just looking at the weeping demon, any input on that. Sorry if aI am being noobish but i am not very knowledgable on effects.
vox all the way!
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Only get the crybaby if you're gonna mod. If you're not gonna do anything to it just get the vox.
As for the weeping demon: I don't know much about it, but isn't it more of high-gain wah?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
hey everyone who posted, thank you for the help. I think i am going to settle with the vox casue i have heard only good things about it. I will most likley be getting it this Friday so I will post about it when I get it. Thanks again.
Quote by TheNextJimi
There not out of my range but actually below it so it would give me money to spend on other things, but thats not important. I was alos just looking at the weeping demon, any input on that. Sorry if aI am being noobish but i am not very knowledgable on effects.

No I meant the other two Wah pedals on my personal top three lol. No worries about anything "noobish". I find the weeping Demon to be to shrill for any real application in imo. Everyone has to learn at one point or another and its always good to get opinions.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
I have no complaints about Vox wahs....but.....I must highly reccomend the Morley Bad Horsie Wahs.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
I perfer the Budda over any other one you throw at me. Maybe except for something like the RMC picture wah, but only because I've never used one and I don't know how good it is.