well, i was thinking of getting a $99 sx strat copy off rondomusic. why?

Well, for one, i want to customize it so i can learn the inner intricacies of guitars.
Two, I want to learn how to solder and what better way to learn on a cheapo right?

Well, would guitar pickguards off guitarfetish fit the sx strat? the $99er guitar is this.
i know i might have to drill, but i really would want minimal drilling as i'm lazy. LOL.
would they fit snug, off a bit or no holes would even line-up?

i was als thinking of dropping gfs lil killers and doing that guitarfetish superstrat mod to kill my thanksgiving break with electronics and wiring and stuff.

I'd also be shielding it with some copper tape off stewmac.

anything i need to know on changing tuners?
well, that is gonna be my new guitar....lol...

edit: i'll prolly have the cash by then since parents owe me some cash.

if not, then a mim strat then. :\

edit2: I'd also like reasons if i should go with this or not.
Last edited by keno190 at Nov 13, 2007,
I don't know the quality of SX's, but I know that they're regarded as better than squiers.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I would go so far as to say that the SX Strat copies PWN Squiers, even the affinity series ones.

The quality is excellent, the neck is very fast for such a low price. I only have two complaints on these guitars.

Dont bother using the trem. It WILL go out of tune unless you slap in some decent machineheads.
The Bridge pickup seems to be a little brittle sounding (for me anyway.) slap in a decent humbucker and your sorted.

Damn good guitars, despite the diddly price.

One thing I noticed though....the later model SX's have waaaay lighter bodies....which unfortunatly cuts down the guitars sustain.

I know too much about these, lol.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Quote by roast
Dont bother using the trem. It WILL go out of tune unless you slap in some decent machineheads.
The Bridge pickup seems to be a little brittle sounding (for me anyway.) slap in a decent humbucker and your sorted.

Damn good guitars, despite the diddly price.

very true comments

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
^Indeed.

But I would *Almost* go so far as to say that, with a little work (New machineheads, new bridge pup, etc.) the SX strats could match an Epiphone in terms of playability, and maybe even some of the Japanese Fenders, at a stretch.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Quote by roast
I would go so far as to say that the SX Strat copies PWN Squiers, even the affinity series ones.
Even the affinity series? lol wut?

The Affinity Series is the bottom of the barrel at Squier, except for the Bullet and Hello Kitty.

Quote by keno190
i know i might have to drill, but i really would want minimal drilling as i'm lazy. LOL.
would they fit snug, off a bit or no holes would even line-up?
Stop being lazy. The holes on Squier and Fender seldom line up. The pickguards from GFS are decent but not precise in the hole placement. Plan on drilling. It's not a big freakin' deal.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.