So here's the deal, I picked up a used Ibanez RG7421. The previous owner had a Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge, and no neck pick up or selector switch. It sounded great, so I bought a D-Activator neck pickup, and a Dimarzio EP1112 Switch. I installed everything following Dimarzio's diagrams, and everything works. However, the bridge pickup doesn't seem as hot as it was before the new parts. Additionally, when I use the tuning feature on my POD, it doesn't register the notes. Any ideas?
as soon as you add other components to the electronics of a guitar, it changes the sound of the orginial electronics.
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
the selector might alter the current a little and make the other pickup sound different.also,there could be some interference from the other pickup.not much,but just enough to make it sound different.as for the tuning,it might not register that frequency or something.not really sure though.
Well from personal experience. It sounds like a bad solder. When I did my EMGs, I didn't use flux at all and I definitely used way too much solder and dude, it seriously killed my volume and everything sounded 'dumbed down'.
My Gear:
Agile - 2000 W/ EMG 81/85
Fender 112 Stageman
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech Rp100
Yamaha Ac/El
Quote by Rune Playaz
Well from personal experience. It sounds like a bad solder. When I did my EMGs, I didn't use flux at all and I definitely used way too much solder and dude, it seriously killed my volume and everything sounded 'dumbed down'.

are you supposed to use flux and solder separately? the solder i'm familiar with has the flux in it.

also, would there be a more direct signal path if i bypassed the selector switch and went directly to 2 separate volume knobs? or for that matter, wired to the selector and bypassed the volume/tone knobs all together. and would it make a big enough difference in tone?
Quote by sethp

also, would there be a more direct signal path if i bypassed the selector switch and went directly to 2 separate volume knobs?

It shouldn't make a 'more direct' path except for in the way that it reduces the chance of soldering mistakes, as there are less joints.

PS. When I saw the title, I thought you broke a wangcaster. I wish you really did have a wangcaster.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by monkey_dancer
PS. When I saw the title, I thought you broke a wangcaster. I wish you really did have a wangcaster.

WANG CASTER FTW!

OH NOES!!

Sorry... I just thought it was the perfect time for that...
I can't really say anything else that anyone else hasn't already said. I just find it Ironic that the setup in my guitar is also an Evolution in the bridge and D-Activator in the neck. I am easy ammused I guess.