Page 1 of 2
Learn about the states and their history and names? becaseu I 've only learned 3 provinces and i dont really know anything about britain. Does anyone else in the states learn about Canada or Britain?

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
i'm from Canada, and no, not really. i mean, if i sat down and tried to remember all the states, i bet i could get most of them.
I can name most of the states of america and know a far bit of yank history mainly because i'm a history undergrad and i have to. Canada i know it's cold and full of beer swilling hockey nuts who hate the french and have french living there who hate the other canadians.
Quote by Draken
I can name most of the states of america and know a far bit of yank history mainly because i'm a history undergrad and i have to. Canada i know it's cold and full of beer swilling hockey nuts who hate the french and have french living there who hate the other canadians.

wow... spot on... wow...
...and maybe some Americans shoudl learn more about the UK and Canda.

...but then again, I know nothing about Mexico, so I guess I'm a slight hypocrite haha
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Quote by SG thrasher
We have county's...not states....

I think he's asking whether or not you guys learn about the U.S. states.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Godsmack_IV
wow... spot on... wow...

lol i'm kidding of course the canadians are a diverse bunch of people, most of whom are awesome.
Quote by Draken
lol i'm kidding of course the canadians are a diverse bunch of people, most of whom are awesome.

yeah you totally forgot to mention our undying love of curling, which isn't even really a sport...
Quote by GuitarGuy1994
Learn about the states and their history and names? becaseu I 've only learned 3 provinces and i dont really know anything about britain. Does anyone else in the states learn about Canada or Britain?

There are more countries than the US, Canada and Britain in the world.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Really though in british schools what we learn about america is that it's a fat, cultureless land, full of idiots who rebelled from britain because they were fat and that they piss people off because they want to rule the world.
I'm from Canada. In geography (grade 9), We learned the 13 or so states that border us. But seeing as I'm a smart cookie, I could easily name all fifty states. Maybe in world history and geography in grade 11 they learn, but I'm not to sure.
It all depends entirely on whether you chose to study history and what courses your school offers/you choose. We did American Civil Rights as one of our topics when I was 17. If it doesn't come up like that then it'll just be down to general knowledge.
Quote by Draken

In Canada we couldn't give a flying **** about the state names.
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by NaivexLi
...and maybe some Americans shoudl learn more about the UK and Canda.

...but then again, I know nothing about Mexico, so I guess I'm a slight hypocrite haha

Tell you what, once YOU become the world superpower, Ill learn about your country.

BUt in all seriousness, I wish we learned more about the UK and britain. In my school, the years alternate between learning the state names, and about the american revolution
I learn American states cause of all the TV around......but we don't get taught the states of other countries in school. whats the point of that?
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
Quote by Draken
Really though in british schools what we learn about america is that it's a fat, cultureless land, full of idiots who rebelled from britain because they were fat and that they piss people off because they want to rule the world.

THATS ME!!! lol

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
I only have a vague knowledge of US history. I could probably write down all the US state names but not recite them (I'd lose count and start repeating some etc).

But I have little knowledge of Canada apart from that they don't like referential bids for contract offers.

But I've learnt none of this in school, just through my own reading etc.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Nov 13, 2007,
Quote by arsonite
The U.S. is Canada's bitch because we're bigger and on top.

And no, we don't actually get taught US history and the names of the states... And we don't really learn anything about Britain. Everything we know is pretty much from TV.
Quote by arsonite
The U.S. is Canada's bitch because we're bigger and on top.

no, Canada is just the U.S.'s hat.

A big silly hat.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
We try to keep the States out of Canadian schooling because they're just such a huge superpower as it is and Canadian culture is pretty weak compared to it. If we focused on the states here in Canada, there would be no more Canadian culture left at all.
Quote by Uncle Fonzie
We try to keep the States out of Canadian schooling because they're just such a huge superpower as it is and Canadian culture is pretty weak compared to it. If we focused on the states here in Canada, there would be no more Canadian culture left at all.

there's always hockey and beer.
myth#1-Not all Canadians give a **** about the French; I don't care if they stay or go

myth#2-Not all Canadians drink beer; I like Rum

and it's true, I bet I could sit back and recite 45+ states and most of their capitals without investing too much time, I also know a great deal about GB, I think a good cardinal rule for education regarding foreign countries is: If your nation is less influential than another, you'll learn about it, if you live in the US, it's up to you to learn about other nations.

Canada is the best Place ever, I'm proud to live here, I'm proud the queen is still on our goofy colored money(which is kicking the US dollar's ass right now), I'm proud more people want to live here more than any other country, and I'm proud we still have our English roots.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I can honestly only name like 10 states in America.

New York, Flordia, California, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, Texas, Alaska, and um... um...

Yea, I haven't learned anything about America. I've studied Britain, though.
Quote by Carswell98
Canada is the best Place ever, I'm proud to live here, I'm proud the queen is still on our goofy colored money(which is kicking the US dollar's ass right now), I'm proud more people want to live here more than any other country, and I'm proud we still have our English roots.

I salute you sir
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by Draken

i live in canada, but i know pretty much all the states and the history of the eastern states, its standard in grade 10 history, and ive got american blood anyways so its important to me...i do know that britain is rainy, and its full of tea-swilling preps who like intimate, all-male breakfast social orgies who think they're better than everybody but really they just have bad teeth

pip-pip tally-ho, return fire after teatime.
Quote by arsonite

In Canada we couldn't give a flying **** about the state names.

In my Geography class we had to name all the Canadian Provinces/territories and their capitols... I barely passed that quiz
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by captainjackass
Tell you what, once YOU become the world superpower, Ill learn about your country.

BUt in all seriousness, I wish we learned more about the UK and britain. In my school, the years alternate between learning the state names, and about the american revolution

hes american.
btw in England no we dont learn anything about America tbh. Shouldnt half your history lessons be about Britain though being as the USAs history after a few hundred years just stops and ends up with Natives?
Ignorant Americans
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
no, Canada is just the U.S.'s hat.

A big silly hat.

one of those beer hats
i can name the bigger canadian provinces but i had no idea england had counties.

it's not that i'm ignorant, it's that i just don't care
Quote by captainjackass

Britain was a the dominant super power 200ish years ago. Looks like you're in for a trip to the local learnatorium.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Draken

Spot on.

I can name all the states. Don't know to much about England. Been there twice though.
Page 1 of 2