Page 1 of 2
I've just been thinking lately, who the hell invented trash and the trashcan? That is the most insane idea ever. How long do they think we can last? Forever? Because that sure as hell aint happening. I guess this generation has decided that we are going to be the last that doesn't have to face serious problems that could affect our existance on this planet. Trees are going down faster than they can grow. Glass, iron, and other minerals DO NOT come back, and people are just throwing them away to be to buried forever. Oil does not come back for an extremely long time and emissions don't just disappear. What is our plan for the future???? I've been noticing lately how short-sighted humans are and it is ridiculous and insane, before longer it is gonna be Xbillion people on a barren wasteland with no idea what to do.
the thought of "who invented the trashcan?" provoked the statement "the human race is insane"?

Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
you are a modern day hippie....
myspace.com/nivek88

~I will eventually troll the forum that your obsessed with~
owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww blinding flash of the obvious.
Nobody invented trash, it just happened. When something becomes utterly useless we dispose of it.

I do though agree that our society is bound to crumble because of the problems facing us like oil and other resources depleting.
Quote by altgrunge
I'm not even gonna say anything about 07er's and their threads, we already went through this last night.

Who cares? Everyone can make stupid threads. Not just one year demographic. This isn't bad.

Threadstarter: We obviously have no future plans.
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by Schecter10
I've just been thinking lately, who the hell invented trash and the trashcan? That is the most insane idea ever. How long do they think we can last? Forever? Because that sure as hell aint happening. I guess this generation has decided that we are going to be the last that doesn't have to face serious problems that could affect our existance on this planet. Trees are going down faster than they can grow. Glass, iron, and other minerals DO NOT come back, and people are just throwing them away to be to buried forever. Oil does not come back for an extremely long time and emissions don't just disappear. What is our plan for the future???? I've been noticing lately how short-sighted humans are and it is ridiculous and insane, before longer it is gonna be Xbillion people on a barren wasteland with no idea what to do.

and you just sit here and type on a guitar forum instead of doing any thing about it
bravo, schecter10, bravo
Who invented trash? Are you fucking serious? Nobody invented trash!!!
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
Quote by RageAgainst...
the thought of "who invented the trashcan?" provoked the statement "the human race is insane"?

No, the idea that we are growing in population immensely while the precious one and only resources that we are given (that will disappear before too long) are just being carelessly destroyed and thrown away with no thought for the future.
glass isnt a mineral....

and you know what? it wasn't this generation that invented the trashcan. We didnt start the Industrial Revolution. We didnt invent paper. Or cars. Or planes. Or landfills. All this stuff is old, and we aren't deciding to be the last generation on earth, this has all been going on for years and if it ends up we are teh last generation on earth, it wasnt us who caused that it was our ancestors who dared invent things to make life easier at the cost of the planet and that mindset has been passed down for years and here we are, just doing as we were taught.
First of all, trash is the least of our concerns. A landfill that's 30x30 miles can last about a thousand years. Trees are not a problem at all, considering the fact that we grow trees for the sole purpose of using them as paper and building materials. Alternative energy methods will be used. And by the time this planet's well ****ed, we'll be ****ing up other planets!
Quote by fifthhorseman54
Who invented trash? Are you fucking serious? Nobody invented trash!!!

I fucking invented trash.

TS, we already know all this. We've screwed ourselves, yadda yadda, etc. etc.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I think the trash can is a pretty good invention. I mean, do you prefer to lay around in your own garbage all day? No, didn't think so.
honestly im more concerned with the person who thought "hmm i wonder what would happen if i set this plant on fire and breathed the fumes" or "hey, you see that thing on the hill? lets go squeez the things underneath and drink what comes out"
Quote by Archaon
First of all, trash is the least of our concerns. A landfill that's 30x30 miles can last about a thousand years. Trees are not a problem at all, considering the fact that we grow trees for the sole purpose of using them as paper and building materials. Alternative energy methods will be used. And by the time this planet's well ****ed, we'll be ****ing up other planets!

What is more important than environmental issues? Environmental issues are the only ones that have the potential to affect EVERY single person on the planet.
Quote by Schecter10

No way! Let's take care of this immediately!

*Hides in a trash can with a sword and stabs everyone who tries to throw something away in the eye while shouting "no one expects the Spanish Inquisition"!*
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
sorry the matrix said it best

"human beings are a plague, A disease of this planet"

or something like that
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

your pretty late on this one.

did u just open your eyes?

we all know this.
Call me Trey.
your pretty late on this one.

did u just open your eyes?

we all know this.
Call me Trey.
Um..glass can come back...

We just have to melt the old glass at extremely high heat and turn it into new glass.

And that my friend, is recycling.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Schecter10
What is more important than environmental issues? Environmental issues are the only ones that have the potential to affect EVERY single person on the planet.

Can you read? Where did I say environmental issues? I said TRASH was the least of our issues, as in least of our environmental issues.

The world isn't as ****ed over as you think. Before we **** it to the point beyond any further ****ing, we'll have built ecodomes on other planets and ****.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
Um..glass can come back...

We just have to melt the old glass at extremely high heat and turn it into new glass.

And that my friend, is recycling.

Yes but I wasn't complaining about recycling now was I? I think it would be a very good idea to put recycling service and facilities in every county or small town in the nation, because there isn't one in my town so I collect my stuff and take it to the city that does have one about 30min away every now and then.
Quote by Archaon
Can you read? Where did I say environmental issues? I said TRASH was the least of our issues, as in least of our environmental issues.

The world isn't as ****ed over as you think. Before we **** it to the point beyond any further ****ing, we'll have built ecodomes on other planets and ****.

That is pretty ridiculous thinking. Because at the rate the human population is growing and at the rate the Earth is becoming worse environmentally it would be safe to say that by 2100 we will be facing extremely SERIOUS environmental issues. And 100 years is absolutely nothing when it comes to how long the human race has lasted. To think that we were doing fine for thousands of years then destroyed the Earth and our race in 400-500 years is shocking.

I seriously doubt we will make progress in space like you mention. NASA doesn't even plan to start visiting the moon again until 2018. If we do succeed in what you think will happen, there is no way it can withhold our massive population. No planet/moon in the galaxy can even come close to doing that and the idea of going outside the galaxy isn't even close to touching the human mind yet.
I agree with him. No single person invented trash, though. And the trash-can was a tasty invention at the time that solved all of our environmental woes. Then the trash cans filled up. So we dug holes to put our trash in. Think of them as big, muddy trash cans: landfills. Well, now we see that that's not the only problem. It just makes the situation a little worse than it has to be.

And to all of the doubters, yes we are fooked. There are no qualms about it. Along with the environmental issues we are facing a looming, severe energy shortage of an epic scale. So, two choices are presented to us at this time: sit back and watch the show, or do something. The only question is, if we decide to do something what do we do?
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
Quote by Peeno
I agree with him. No single person invented trash, though. And the trash-can was a tasty invention at the time that solved all of our environmental woes. Then the trash cans filled up. So we dug holes to put our trash in. Think of them as big, muddy trash cans: landfills. Well, now we see that that's not the only problem. It just makes the situation a little worse than it has to be.

And to all of the doubters, yes we are fooked. There are no qualms about it. Along with the environmental issues we are facing a looming, severe energy shortage of an epic scale. So, two choices are presented to us at this time: sit back and watch the show, or do something. The only question is, if we decide to do something what do we do?

I think we can start by cutting out morals and religion. Sure they are important, but some religions promote having kids which is ridiculous because it just strains the Earth worse. Limits on number of children internationally also isn't a bad idea. Getting the birth rate below the death race would be HUGE progress to start off with.
Oh teh noes! the glass shortage of 2040 is imminent!!!
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Just to let you know, glass is renewable

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave
I dont wanna die, Im a god, why cant I live on?
When the life giver dies, all around is laid to waste.
And in my last hour,
Im a slave to the power of death

Member Of The Jagermeister Fan Club
glass isnt a mineral.

also.

your computer uses energy generated by Co2 emmiting power stations.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
Quote by Pernicano22
Just to let you know, glass is renewable

I know, and I have already explained my reasoning. Recycling=NO PROBLEM. Throwing away to be never used again= PROBLEM.
Quote by robertreilly666
glass isnt a mineral.

also.

your computer uses energy generated by Co2 emmiting power stations.

I know. I meant the minerals that are used to make glass (Quartz or whatever), you know what I mean.
Quote by Schecter10
I've just been thinking lately, who the hell invented trash and the trashcan?

That was me. Sorry, guys.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
dont be silly.
Everybody knows the world will end in 2012 due to an asteroid. God, don't you people watch the news?

Energy crisis? ANWR still has oil afaik...
Russia still has a f***load in Siberia.
Nuclear energy is pretty much inexhaustible.

Overpopulation? isnt the population density of half the Midwest like 50 ppl/sq. mi.? plenty of room. Isn't Europe already in population decline due to people having no kids/fewer than 2 kids?
Quote by its irrelevant

Overpopulation? isnt the population density of half the Midwest like 50 ppl/sq. mi.? plenty of room.

hey keep your people out of my region
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Quote by aeon20k
hey keep your people out of my region

hey its my region too...
I was more referring to Wyoming--theyve got fewer ppl in teh state than i have in my whole city (Omaha NE)
Page 1 of 2