okay okay, so i've been playing for 2 months now (give or take a few days) and TBH i'm fairly good for only playing that amount of time.
it's all been playing songs though.. and i know E A & D chords.. about it, never bothered after those, will eventually though.

anyway i thought it was about time i learned some scales or w/e, only i havn't got a clue of where to start or wtf to do first. could someone help me out on this?
like, post up the first few scales i should start with or a lesson from UG that you thought was good or something?
Learn four things:

1) Learn the notes of the fretboard, do this and do it now; the sooner this is done the sooner your musical possibilities will be blown wide open.

2) Learn the major scale, it is the basis of and starting point for all music theory, so learn it and learn it well.

3) Learn about intervals: what they are; how they work; how they relate to scales; how they relate to chords and most importantly what they sound like.

4) Learn about chord construction; this is very closely tied with intervals but do intervals first as it'll make chord construction much easier.

Once you know those four things you will be able to understand all the music theory the world can throw at you.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Learn the Pentatonic scale, and the Blues scale. Both are similar, and effective.
And dont be wrought by the misconception that the blues scale cn only be used in blues. Bull****.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Learn four things:

1) Learn the notes of the fretboard, do this and do it now; the sooner this is done the sooner your musical possibilities will be blown wide open.

2) Learn the major scale, it is the basis of and starting point for all music theory, so learn it and learn it well.

3) Learn about intervals: what they are; how they work; how they relate to scales; how they relate to chords and most importantly what they sound like.

4) Learn about chord construction; this is very closely tied with intervals but do intervals first as it'll make chord construction much easier.

Once you know those four things you will be able to understand all the music theory the world can throw at you.

i know where to learn the fretboard notes, so that shouldn't be a problem.
which scale is the major scale though? is it just the pentatonic scale only different name?
and wtf is an interval? lol... sorry for being such a dumbass
learn the pentatonic blues scale. if i hear another person go 'i dont like blues, hence i dont need to learn the blues scale' i'll **** myself and make that person eat it
yeah i did'nt put blues because it's about the same as the pentatonic,but yeah that's my fav scale,i play metalcore off it,and the solo for walk by pantera is off the blues scale
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/learning_music_theory_the_beginning.html

That lesson is a good place to start but it covers quite a lot so you might want to break it down into chunks (nicely numbered by the author) and take it one step at a time to make sure you really understand each idea before moving on to the next.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.