http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-MAX-115-Bass-Combo?sku=481445

I bought this thing used for $220 because I needed a bass amp. It was a spur of the moment thing because I thought I was getting an awesome deal. I need a lot of equipment right now (new bass, new guitar, new guitar amp), so I'm wondering if this thing is going to last me for awhile.

Is 60 watts going to be enough to compete against 1 guitar, vocals, drums, and (sometimes) a keyboard? I'm talking small gigs here. I've already done some small neighborhood gigs where it held up fine, but do you think this will hold up in larger settings? Basically I'm just wondering, should I sell this and save for a new bass amp, or keep it and use my money for something else I need? If it counts for anything, I like the tone and overall quality of the amp.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, it's just been bothering me a bit lately.
it all depends. if the guitar is useing a combo amp and the drummer is playing semi-lightly then you could be fine. but as soon as that guitar player gets his halfstack then you will run into problems.

you payed a nice price for that amp i think that is a fair price and the amp is solid for preacticing at home and taking to parties and stuff so good luck to you
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
I have one and I hate it. For 50-75W, it's really impractical. It's huge, but sounds like anus if you turn it up above 3.
Yeah a 60watt 15" amp is just a waste of time. Get your self a 300Watt head and a 15" massivly impractical cab and be done with it.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Well Behringers are a waste of time. Their tone is terrible and it will break much sooner than most other amps.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
To paraphrase Bill Hicks, if you buy a Behringer, you're off the artistic role call. Everything you play is suspect, and every note out of your bass is like a turd falling into my drink.

Just don't.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.