I was just wondering, what are different people's favorite Les Paul Models, and why? I'm looking to save up and eventually get one, and was curious to know other's favorite.
Gear:
Epi Les Paul Standard Plus(Honey Burst finish)
Fernandes Retrorocket Elite
Boss GT-8
ValveKing 212
I have a les paul classic 1960 reissue and love it, the most comfortable guitar ive ever played. and it has an ultra thing neck that i love.
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Quote by death101
ok heres the very sad deal i was wondering if there was any girls who love guitar and music
on here who live in california who are willing to go out with me
never had one but ive played it and its amazing I love the feel im getting it for christmas
Quote by death101
ok heres the very sad deal i was wondering if there was any girls who love guitar and music
on here who live in california who are willing to go out with me
Id say an Epi LP Custom. Looks amazing, solid mahogany body (i think), and good pickups. All for only $600. I would say a Gibson LP Custom, but its soooo expensive. Like $3K.
goldtop

My favorite LP Model is the one I'm building, which is both neck and string through with a quilted top stained blue (mimicing the ocean, with all chrome hardware, including knobs on pots). It is a 25.5" scale with an Air Norton in the neck and Super distortion in the bridge. It will be sonic sex.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
Last edited by jackson001 at Nov 13, 2007,
Try those new Les Paul GT's....they look pretty sweet!
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
I had a 71 Gibson Les Paul Custom in cherry sunburst with cream binding, gold hardware, Black Pickgaurd. The pup covers had the Gibson Logo on them. Paid $300.00 for it. It was a sweet guitar and my favorite LP. My second fave was a 77 Tobacco Sunbust 55-77 reissue with P90s. I only paid $125.00 for. Sold them for not much more than I paid but that was close to 20 years ago. I would be happy with a new Gibson of the same type and quality.

John
Quote by FireItUp714
goldtop

If I ever get another lp it would be goldtop.
But I played one of their vos models at a guitar center and it was the best guitar I've ever played as of now. I've got a standard in desert burst and I love it to death. The neck is a little bit beefy, which is a plus for me, and I like the way they put the binding over the ends of the fret bars.
I might be getting one of those 2004 epi LP standards because I can get a great price from some dude.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
IMO, anyone with a "Gibson" logo on the headstock. Great tone, great sustain- The perfect guitar, really.
TRIVIUM EFFING RULE!
As do Avenged Sevenfold.
And Children of Bodom.
And All That Remains.
And TURBID.
'57 LP Black Beauty... 2 pups... I love it... oh lord I just wet myself...
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Gibson Custom Shop VOS '59 LP. Preferably of course an actual LP from 1959, but hey, that's unlikely. I'd probably want a different finish though... AAA flame maple top with a translucent version of the Violet Burst they put on the LP Goddess.

Failing that, Epiphone Custom in Alpine White, upgrade the pickups to Burstbucker #2 and #3, switch the tuners, and you're good to go. It's better than one of my Gibsons and almost as good as the other in terms of it's 'on paper' spec, though in terms of playing I find I prefer the Epi neck profile, so for me personally I'd say it's about as good as you can get.

Quote by Broken-pick
I might be getting one of those 2004 epi LP standards because I can get a great price from some dude.
2004? Then it'll be one of the older alder/mahogany ones, lower quality pots and pickups too. I wouldn't touch it, no matter how cheap it might be.

Quote by MetallicaMan1
Epiphone Les Paul 100

... Oh wait, you're serious?
A Legacy LP. Emerald series.

You can have a beautiful LP with a hardcase, EMG-HZ pickups, Alpha pots, Switchcraft jack, Switchcraft toggle switch, Locking tuners and a Earvana compensating nut.

For the same price as an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and half a hardcase. GOOD!
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Quote by FRDesign
They look so ugly compared to a Les Paul though.

they look great when youre standing with them. I compared mine to an Epiphone les paul standard and the LG kicked the crap out of it.

Recently tried a Gibson les paul standard faded 50s. Thats better than the Godin (but what do you expect for a 1100 euro price difference?)
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
I've played a few and really want one. I've heard they are heavy and wear you out and your back...

I just want one.
"We weren’t too ambitious when we started out. We just wanted to be the biggest thing that ever walked the planet."
-- Steven Tyler
too bad the new ones suck. Or else I would increase my stock with gibson. But nope, not gonna play a chambered guitar..especially one your paying over 2G's for.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
i have a epi les paul special II and fuke love it. just because it cheap doesent mean it crap and i only payed $260
Quote by FRDesign
They look so ugly compared to a Les Paul though.

They aren't ugly, you've obviously never actually seen them. >=O
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
my 1970's Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul! Best playing guitar I've ever touched and just an incredible feeling neck.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
ESP Eclipse Custom

Not that im a big les paul fan....but i certainly wont turn down a custom shop guitar with an AAA quilted maple top with neckthru construction, so there's none of that bulky heel.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Last edited by ~Andrea-Angel~ at Nov 14, 2007,
I am not a huge fan of the Epiphones, but I can tell you that every Gibson Les Paul (yes, with the Gibson brand on it) I picked up at Guitar Center played great! I would have to say the Studios or Classics. But that's all my GC really had.
Quote by FireItUp714
goldtop

Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Custom VOS.
Custom shop '57 Black Beauty.
A nice Goldtop.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
'57 Les Paul Juniors.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
'59 or '60 Reissue, flame maple top, Cherry or Vintage sunburst.

Hey!!! Why has my hand unconsciously moved towards my crotch?!?!
I have an Epi LP Custom, Alpine white. Switched the pickups with a JB and SH2n and i love it.
The kind made by fender that is a strat.

But seriously if you're just talking about les paul style PRS singlecut SE or not it's awesome.
I think it's better than it's gibson counterpart cos they worked on the weight problem, they worked on the chunkiness and it's over all better feeling and it's great sounding too I was going to get one until the strat kicked in and I'm getting a Japanese fender strat.