Hey guys, i think some of us may come to this dilemma. We want a awesome amp but we dont want to play what everyone else is playing. Im just looking for an amp that isnt that popular but has a similar sound of Mesa, bogner, or marshall. You know, low end amps that can tear it up...
A.K.A. Titanguy
ENGL, Framus, VHT, Diezel, Rivera, Ampeg (they make guitar amps, right?)

EDIT: I just realized you said you want an amp that sounds like a Mesa, Bogner, or Marshall.

My advice: you want the sound of a Mesa, Bogner, or Marshall, then get a Mesa, Bogner or Marshall! There's a reason lots of people use them: they sound killer and aren't insanely disgustingly expensive.
Last edited by RG_FANMAN at Nov 13, 2007,
Laboga.

Sounds similar to a recto. Check out Erock503's clips.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i saw a thread on B-52 and everyone seems to love it. i was thinking about building my own own stack. i guessing celestian speakers are the way to go...but i want that low end... is there specific speakers?
A.K.A. Titanguy
apparently Orange sounds a lot like Marshall
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Brunetti! they have some sweet looking amps....I've never gotten to play one though. Diamond Amplification is still new and pretty small....they have a few amps out though. Also Check out Meteoro (you could always get the MAK3000....280 watts all tube! haha....you'd need an attenuator for that though....I almost bought one just to piss people on UG off....I'd go with Brunetti or Diamond before Meteoro though.
Quote by MESAexplorer
Laboga.

Sounds similar to a recto. Check out Erock503's clips.

Yeah that amp freakin owns. I want it so bad but my damn 5150 isn't selling!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'd do research, then build my own. But that's just me Seriously, look at Ebay... sometimes someone has a decent amp for sale. Perhaps eventually I'll get into custom amp building, and then you can ask me ;D
Quote by forsaknazrael
But they're famous for their amps (The Quick Rod? ) that can replicate the "brown sound" with great success.

Plus, their amps are all pretty feature laden, as compared to original designs.

Yep, I've got a quickrod with powerscaling. Hella cool.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra