I am getting my Ibanez Xiphos soon (should have enough in a month) and I was wondering if I should do the following for my tone.

Should I keep the DiMarzios or switch them out for EMGs-81 and 85? The tone I like is just pure metal with shap cleans, something like metallica, slayer, or as i lay dying for the crunch.

Also, from what I have been hearing, I might switch out the Edge for a Floyd. Good choice here as well?

Thanks.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
About the pups: get a new amp, even if you did switch to EMGs I doubt you'd notice the difference going through that amp.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i agree with zaphod. upgrade your amp if you're going to spend the money on anything, especially changing pickups. i've found that the pickups ibanez puts in its higher end models, like the xiphos, are actually quite hot and smooth. I really liked the pickups in my S540, even though the trem was ****ED up.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
keep the pickups in it right now, a guitarist from another band we play with has a xiphos and the thing sings... he has his trem all stock too, and hasnt had a problem with it, so after you play using the trem, its more your choice to switch it out for a floyd or not..... another thing with the pickups, the DiMarzio's are passive, so if you were to put in an 81/85 set, itd cost more seeing as how youd have to have a battery slot routed for the actives
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson DK2-L w/ Dimarzio X2N
Takamine acoustic

Bass:
Fender Precision Bass

Amp:
Marshall AVTX150H
Behringer BG412F
Marshall MG15MSII
Ah i see. Good advise on the amp, i'm thinkin Krank half stack one day. Cheyea, thanks again on the temelo/pup advise.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
leave the xiphos stock,, when all the original parts wear out and youve saved enough and also replaced your amp,, change desired parts to get ultimate tone
another reason to leave the stock trem is that a Floyd may not fit. Certain ibanez models' nut widths are proprietary.