Im looking for a single coil neck pickup to play mostly clean, bluesy stuff. Im building a custom strat with a single in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge. Im going to get a JB for the bridge and need help with the neck pickup. I have looked at a couple choices. These being:

-Duncan Vintage Rails
-Duncan Cool Rails
-Duncan APS-2 Alnico II Pro Flat

So which of those would be best in the neck? And if there's any other choices that would suit my needs feel free to let me know.
Lindy Fralin Blues Special.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
I dig dimarzios - but for Duncans I'd say the cool rails
Quote by Roedy0309
Im looking for a single coil neck pickup to play mostly clean, bluesy stuff. Im building a custom strat with a single in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge. Im going to get a JB for the bridge and need help with the neck pickup. I have looked at a couple choices. These being:

-Duncan Vintage Rails
-Duncan Cool Rails
-Duncan APS-2 Alnico II Pro Flat

So which of those would be best in the neck? And if there's any other choices that would suit my needs feel free to let me know.

The Cool and Vintage rails are not actually single coil pickups, so you know. They're humbuckers, and won't sound like a single coil.

BTW, what wood is this guitar made of? A bright wood like Alder or Maple, or Ash, or even Basswood might be a bad idea for a JB....I have better ideas...
Quote by forsaknazrael
The Cool and Vintage rails are not actually single coil pickups, so you know. They're humbuckers, and won't sound like a single coil.

BTW, what wood is this guitar made of? A bright wood like Alder or Maple, or Ash, or even Basswood might be a bad idea for a JB....I have better ideas...

spill em the body is alder
Fender Tex Mex.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12