I've been a long-time acoustic player, and thinking of getting into an Epiphone Les Paul. I already know I'll be removing the pickguard because I prefer the open look. Is it possible to remove the pickup rings for an even "cleaner" look, allowing you to see as much as possible of the body of the guitar?
Sure...if you want to see the routed sides of the pick up...

No you can't, the pick up is held in height wise by them.
Quote by TSelman
Sure...if you want to see the routed sides of the pick up...

No you can't, the pick up is held in height wise by them.

yes you can. have you seen the les paul BFG?
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Buy a Michael Kelly Patriot instead.

Not only are the pickups direct-mounted (no pickup rings) but the guitar is about 1328092380534 times better.

Quote by Shredder Guitar

The BFG doesn't come with pickup rings?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Shredder Guitar

thats made that way. if it already has pickup rings, removing them will just have the pickup laying their hanging by wires
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Shredder Guitar

There made that way and cosmetically deigned not to look like crap.

If he just removes the pick up rings, he'll see maybe unpainted wood or just black or something, just junk.

Quote by FacingUsAll
Buy a Michael Kelly Patriot instead.

Not only are the pickups direct-mounted (no pickup rings) but the guitar is about 1328092380534 times better.

...and 1328092380534 times uglier.
Quote by TSelman

...and 1328092380534 times uglier.

What's so ugly about them?
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
What's so ugly about them?

That huge curve thats bigger then the LP's, it just makes it disgusting to me. Plus I like pick up rings...
nop u cant. the pickups wont hold in place without the pickup rings.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by TSelman
That huge curve thats bigger then the LP's, it just makes it disgusting to me. Plus I like pick up rings...

The direct-mounting is more for resonance than for looks.

And it's not like it's some crazy BC Rich shape or something.

Whatever floats your boat; I think they look sexy, and I know they are better guitars for the price .
Quote by utsapp89