Page 1 of 2
Delete
Guitar:
Floyd Rose discovery series 3 (with speed loader bridge)
Gibson Les paul studio
Pedals:
Zoom G2.1U pedal
Amps:
vox valvetronix 50 watt
Dean "stack in a box" headphone amp
Last edited by unforgiven_hope at Sep 7, 2017,
It's the hardest song ever
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by Garret.
It's the hardest song ever

He's right. It was voted hardest guitar song of the century and all centuries before.
SPACE FOR RENT
Well since everyone does it, it cant be hard, dont waste ur time learning that. Go learn Confirmation, way more satisfying
I don't care
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
Quote by Rock'N'Soul
He's right. It was voted hardest guitar song of the century and all centuries before.

lol seriously?

(*jealous because I can't play it*)
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Why don't you try it and if you can't play it than just stop and try it again in a month or two? It's not going to hurt if you try and fail. Plus, whats hard for some is cake for others.
Rock On

Quote by Shard Heilia
Nothing. Is Better. Than Guitar.

I Receive Nourishment From My Amplifier. Food Is For The Weak.

Quote by Thrace
Listen to Machine Head, you'll want to headbutt someone right in their pussy.
delete
Guitar:
Gibson Les paul studio
Pedals:
Zoom G2.1U pedal
Amps:
vox valvetronix 50 watt
it's hard.... i can play everthing up to the friggin sweep picking part... and it's killing me!
"I've said it like 30 times in a row" - Barry Johnson and the Funky Bunch
delete
Guitar:
Gibson Les paul studio
Pedals:
Zoom G2.1U pedal
Amps:
vox valvetronix 50 watt
the sweeps are the only thing that gives me problems and ive only been playin for a little over a year, i wouldnt call it the hardest song in the world but it is definitly complex
I haven't had too much trouble with it, except for the sweep picking parts.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Instead of wasting your time here and asking how hard the song is, download the GP tab and start learning it!
Quote by Reduced_Fat
the sweeps are the only thing that gives me problems and ive only been playin for a little over a year, i wouldnt call it the hardest song in the world but it is definitly complex

Same. The rest of the song isnt horribly hard at all TBH
Honestly, it's hard, but not as hard as everyone says. It's by no means the hardest song ever.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by The Necromancer
If you do learn it, just please don't make a youtube video of yourself playing it.

Yes, please do so we can point out all your little flaws within the song.
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by The Necromancer
If you do learn it, just please don't make a youtube video of yourself playing it.

no please do
haha
i love watching those videos
so many to pick from
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
its not THE hardest but the leads are fairly hard.the rhythms are easy as hell. the only paty i cant play is the sweeps cause i cant sweep that fast yet.i learned it a few months ago and now im trying to learn eruption because only 3 people at my school can play it and eruptions is harder then canon rock imo.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Last edited by mohawkkidJohn at Nov 13, 2007,
Quote by DontFightTheFoo
it's hard.... i can play everthing up to the friggin sweep picking part... and it's killing me!

Me too! I can't sweep even if my life depended on it.

Imo, its not that hard. At least until the sweep for me.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
It is really fun to learn and play once you learn the song. And not too hard. The only thing that is hard at first is the massive sweep passage after the first verse, but hey I don't even recall that "pause" even being in the original composition, I think the original composition finishes the first verse then jump directly in the the chorus leading me to believe that he pauses the music to play it; so skipping it really is no big deal. The hardest part by far though is the sweeping solo after the interlude, but you have to realize the entire song except for the intro and chorus is improvisation basically, so you don't really even HAVE to play that sweeping part, you can just make some random stuff up, even if it isn't that great, if you make the other parts good, people won't care. To me it is the chorus that really shines most about that song.
i'll give a 8/10. and maybe a 9/10 if u count the sweep, the song just happens to have a ALOT of notes, and they are not repeated over and over(ok maybe some parts) took me around 2 full week to learn everything up to the sweep, thn took me a whole month to master the sweep, so far im experiencing other songs like metallica, and bon jovi and van halen, if you think canon is hard try angelina. or neon, these songs i'll give a 10/10 on difficulty lvl. thn again i only been playing under a year..so i dont know if if im experienced yet
heres a tip, learn it section by section. and chain them together lateron once u can play though each fluently
If you learn Canon Rock and post it on Youtube, you should get "douchebag" branded onto your forehead with a hot iron.
It depends, some parts are har dsome parts are easy...to others the same parts that are easy for some are the hard parts. I personally can't sweep. Never cared to learn, still don't care to, so I guess I won't be finishing learning the song...
I can play up to the sweeping part though, and the main riff, that sounds christmasy.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by slappymoe66

Its pretty easy just alot to remember

A lot to remember? Try learning the Freebird solo note for note and come tell me that. Im not entirely sure it even ends...

Quote by Schecter10
The hardest part by far though is the sweeping solo after the interlude, but you have to realize the entire song except for the intro and chorus is improvisation basically, so you don't really even HAVE to play that sweeping part, you can just make some random stuff up, even if it isn't that great, if you make the other parts good, people won't care. To me it is the chorus that really shines most about that song.

All non guitarists will think your sick sh!t and not even notice that the sweep isn't there.

Most guitarists will respect you for learning most of it and not putting it on Youtube like a douchebag.

The sweep sounds dumb anyway, its just guitar wankery. Learn the meat.
How hard do you want it to be?
It is a composition that allows you to be as creative as you want to be with it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I tried to learn it but I got bored with after a few times, but I do think some parts are hard.
Quote by Shea Donoghue
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST F*CK OFF?!" So I ran up to her face and went "FINE, I F*CKING WILL" and stuck my hands down my pants and started masturbating. My friends were pissing themselves laughing while she just went "JESUS CHRIST"
Quote by John W
why do people even like it? I think it sucks hard.

I agree. And it's not the least little bit hard. If you suck at sweeping, then you might have some problem with the sweep-lick, even if it is a simple one.
¯|(°_o)/¯
I was able to sight read it and play, so it can't be that hard.

Although if you haven't been playing that long then it might be a bit tricky.
I find it sooo annoying and gay...

I'm not even gonna bother thinking about learning it
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by kckyle
i'll give a 8/10. and maybe a 9/10 if u count the sweep, the song just happens to have a ALOT of notes, and they are not repeated over and over(ok maybe some parts) took me around 2 full week to learn everything up to the sweep, thn took me a whole month to master the sweep, so far im experiencing other songs like metallica, and bon jovi and van halen, if you think canon is hard try angelina. or neon, these songs i'll give a 10/10 on difficulty lvl. thn again i only been playing under a year..so i dont know if if im experienced yet

I sincerely doubt you have been playing for under a year and learnt Canon Rock in a month. Most people I know who have been playing for under a year still have trouble with open chord changes. I have been playing for 3 years and I still have a bit of trouble with the sweeping...
No it's not hard. It looks difficult though.

I've been on the JerryC for a long time now and this thread keep popping up.

Just try and learn it. Within a month you will have it prime. Hopefully.
Sweet.
If you're bad at it, please don't post one of those Youtube videos like "m3 Pl4y1n t3hh k4nn0n r0xx!!11!"

They've become too generic now.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Page 1 of 2