Any good pinch harmonic teqniques? besides turning gain and volume all the way up haha
i learned on an acoustic because acoustics are harder to play harmonics on then electrics... it was hard as **** to learn them on an acoutsic but now they are way easier on electrics.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
use a small pick, or hold the pick really close to the tip. and practice them to get a feel of where you need to pick to sound a pinch harmonic and what fret.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Some people think they are doing it wrong when they are actually just doing it right in the wrong place, so move your hand around while doing it
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
When I learned how to do Pinches...i noticed that a quick flick will produce the sound more accuratly. Also, while you are learning this technique, bend the string against the pick (ie, bend the string upwards to you if picking downwards). When you have mastered it while bending, practice pinch harmonics without bending.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
it helps to have a pick with an extra sharp edge like the purple/pink dunlop ones
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Want some advice from an 'old-timer'?

Try mastering pinch harmonics on just your clean channel, or an acoustic guitar first. Gain and volume are not needed to acheive pinch harmonics.
Yeah, the way I do it the "x factor"...just hold the pick at like a perpindicular angle to your thumb, and pick it like right before your thumb touches. Thanks for the "old timer" advice too, because its hard to learn it like that, but then its much easier on different settings.
A lot of good advice but nothing on how to do it. Basically a pinch harmonic is where you add your thumbs flesh to your picks attack. Hold your pick near the tip and kinda "pinch" the string with your pick and thumb. Takes a while to get used to but soon you'll have your guitar screaming!
Guitars:
Ibanez RGR321EX
Schecter Omen 7 (with Dimarzio D-Sonic in bridge and Air Norton in neck)
Effects:
Tokai TFL-1 Flanger
Boss RGE-10 Graphic EQ
Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Amp:
Laney IronHeart IRT60 212