i found some pedals online that can make your bass have that bass synth sound. ones made by Ibanez and the other by Boss. i was wondering if anyone has used either of these or another one that they would suggest.
the mirco-synthasizer by electro-harmonix is pretty good. i was impressed with it. although its a bit pricy.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
Well, you could try looking for it yourself for starters....

but around here, it's about $300 CDN.

I've heard good things about the Digitech X-Series Bass Synth Wah. However, the EHX MicroSynth seems to be the sex.
What kind of synth are you looking for? do you have a distinct sound you want?
Apparently, the best trad bass synth ever is on the Line6 LowDown series of amps. Thier modelling (LowDown's) technology was recently released as a multiFX pedal... the name escapes me but I think it's the Floor Pod or something like that. You might want to look into that.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I've tried a few out, when I've had the chance, 'cos I'm up for buying one when I can afford. The Digitech and the Boss seem to be about the same in sound quality, the EH Bass Microsynth is a bit better, and more the 70's retro thing, but then it costs more.
They all suffer the problem that it's possible to confuse the processor with a quick chord (much like most octavers do), and the sound kinda 'wobbles' between the two or three notes. Interesting in itself, but I'd worry about damaging the thing.
I've yet to try an EH HOG, but according to what I've been told it is the dog's bollocks! But then, it should be at the price it is...
Also, have a try at the EH BassBalls; not quite a synth, but weirder than the average envelope filter.

EDIT: Oh yeah! The Bass POD's! Even the standard sized one had 'Flea' presets in it from the start; those copied his BassBalls and Bass Microsynth tones, plus much more. And all for less cash than the mighty HOG...
Last edited by creepingjesus73 at Nov 14, 2007,
Quote by thefitz
Apparently, the best trad bass synth ever is on the Line6 LowDown series of amps. Thier modelling (LowDown's) technology was recently released as a multiFX pedal... the name escapes me but I think it's the Floor Pod or something like that. You might want to look into that.

Yep, it's called the Floor POD, theres less control over the sound from the Floor POD, but they're pretty similar. I heard the sound was incredible, but the tracking was poor, theres a review of it on www.bassplayer.tv

You get to it by going 'Basses and Gear' > 'Mutli FX' > 'Bass Floor POD' the synth starts at 3:10 in it.

And here's a video review of the Bass Microsynth - http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=lQGT19BrPZ4
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.