Why do people do such stupid things?

I was talking to my friend, and he sent me his 12 year old brothers facebook page. The kid used to be regular, but now hes all "Hardcore" and claims he's a Satanist. Not only does he not know the definition of Satanist, but he's more "Emo" than anything. I looked at a few of his pictures, and the damn kid claims he sticks thumbtacks in his arms and legs for fun, accompanied by pictures of said thumbtacks.

I merely posted "I hope you get Tetanus."

Why do people do this shit?
Quote by The Madcap
Because intelligence is relative.

/thread

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

thumbtacking yourself is pretty awesome I've only gotten tetanus 3 or 4 times

seriously though he's a poser and he's not even pretending to be something cool.
Quote by The Madcap

Was that some sort of back door insult or something?
Quote by The Madcap

Zing. I love you.

edit: And there are much more stupid things to complain about, how an immature 12 year old wants to act and dress hardly matters.
Who dat?
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Was that some sort of back door insult or something?
If it is, I didn't intend for it to be.
I hate to sound like a prude, but he's 12 and he's out getting ****-faced and thinks it's awesome. I don't mind when people drink, but the fact he's started so damn early pisses me right off.

Quote by Anarion614
Zing. I love you.

edit: And there are much more stupid things to complain about, how an immature 12 year old wants to act and dress hardly matters.

It's just that he used to be a really cool kid, then all of a sudden, BAM! Douche.

Quote by The Madcap
If it is, I didn't intend for it to be.

Ok.
that's just natural selection at work. if they are dumb enough to do it, i say we let them.
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
Drink your brain out at age 12, that's smart. His balls haven't even dropped yet.

Beat the shit out of him.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
I hate to sound like a prude, but he's 12 and he's out getting ****-faced and thinks it's awesome. I don't mind when people drink, but the fact he's started so damn early pisses me right off.

Ohhhh, now there's something to complain about, seriously.

Are you friends at all with this kid? Or do you know someone who is? Even if he's acting stupid, someone should try to help him out.

edit: Madcap, you freak. Stop giving advice that owns mine.
Who dat?
Last edited by Anarion614 at Nov 13, 2007,
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Yeah, but this sort of applies to my first post. Don't get me wrong, I actually agree with you, but Logic is relative here. He has his logical reasons why he should should drink, but by my logical standards (and probably yours, too), he's being a complete imbecile. Perhaps (if you want to get him to stop doing such wasteful things), show him how his logic is absurd. If you don't care what he does, then laugh he he will inevitably do something else stupid.
Quote by Anarion614
Ohhhh, now there's something to complain about, seriously.

Are you friends at all with this kid? Or do you know someone who is? Even if he's acting stupid, someone should try to help him out.

I would if I still lived in Ottawa, but I moved a few months ago and have only e-mail and MSN to really contact people there.

Quote by The Madcap
Yeah, but this sort of applies to my first post. Don't get me wrong, I actually agree with you, but Logic is relative here. He has his logical reasons why he should should drink, but by my logical standards (and probably yours, too), he's being a complete imbecile. Perhaps (if you want to get him to stop doing such wasteful things), show him how his logic is absurd. If you don't care what he does, then laugh he he will inevitably do something else stupid.

I really couldn't have said it better.
Quote by wylde_overdrive

I was talking to my friend, and he sent me his 12 year old brothers facebook page. The kid used to be regular, but now hes all "Hardcore" and claims he's a Satanist. Not only does he not know the definition of Satanist, but he's more "Emo" than anything. I looked at a few of his pictures, and the damn kid claims he sticks thumbtacks in his arms and legs for fun, accompanied by pictures of said thumbtacks.

ya, man, that 12 year old got sick of taking it from the man like us conformist dweebs.
ehh
what's up with this "natural selection" fad? is the bulk of ug finally progressing through 8th grade science? if so, congratulations, my expectations have been surpassed.

as for the kid, there's not much you can really do. some people are just followers, they'll do anything that they think is cool. your friend, however, should beat some sense into him...that's the older brother's job.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
what's up with this "natural selection" fad? is the bulk of ug finally progressing through 8th grade science? if so, congratulations, my expectations have been surpassed.

as for the kid, there's not much you can really do. some people are just followers, they'll do anything that they think is cool. your friend, however, should beat some sense into him...that's the older brother's job.

His brothers are now just as bad as him. I think it's really a parents or brothers job to show the kid he shouldn't do half the crap he does, but since the brothers are idiots and the parent is a moron, I guess their doomed
Quote by wylde_overdrive

Because it's HxC!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!!! *snort* Everyone on myspace or facebook is taking these damn pictures of themselves.
Siggity-sig-sig-sig.