I'm pretty sure that anyone will go out of their way to ignore things that they don't want to have to deal with. I've done a few tests. One of which being i sat in the passenger seat of my friends car with a ninja mask and tinted goggles on. We drove on a multi-lane road where we could drive next to people for extended periods of time. We only got a reaction from one person out of nearly 50. Granted some people truly didn't see us. The one reaction we got was hilarious when the guy saw me he dropped his bagel while it was on the way to his mouth. but the other people stared straight ahead purposely not looking at me while i stared at them. Some people would get a first glance and then start staring straight and we would drive along side them for as long as we could to see if they'd react. WE did this same thing sitting on a bench in a shopping center. No one commented or reacted in any way. Another one we tried was peeing in a public bathroom with our pants around our ankles and our asses bared. no one ever said anything. most people would just try to get as far a urinal away as they could but thats all they did. Any comments or similar experiences?
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN FAPPAGE!!!

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
It's because what you're doing is out of the norm. these are people who have lived their lives conforming to society's "acceptable mindset". I would bet money on it that they never think outside the box, do anything crazy, or do anything creative. They simply do not want to be seen associated with anything out of that normality they've set up, and looking at "abnormality" is to them association
Ya I Sat In A Wal-mart With A Girl Wig On...evry 1 Was Just Looking At Me Like I Had Sh!#t On My Face
There's a few psychology principles for this...

too bad I can't remember what they were. God damn AP Psych!
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
me n a buddy of mine put on one of those freaky ass old men masks you can get at target, went to the mall, got in the elevator and didnt find a spot, we just stood there in front of the door facing the middle of the elevator

people get unbelievably uncomfortable
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
im assuming u live in the US, and i would have to say its becauze you can carry guns over there, i wouldnt ****ing look at someone over there even if there where a sweet looks 18yr old girl she might link i wanna rape her and ****ing shoot me.
Quote by guitartaber93
That's plain stupidity my friend...

How is it stupid it makes perfect sense. If you walked into a bathroom and some guy had his pants around his ankles would you not be surprised at all. Or if you walked past someone in a public place with ninja mask you would show no emotion. People just completely ignore it as though they never saw it even though it is in plain site and is clearly strange to them. And as for the second poster you just repeated what i am trying to say. Because it is odd for them they ignore it cuz they dont want to deal with it.
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
One time two of my friends and I wore ski masks while driving around, and we'd stare at people when sitting next to them at red lights and stuff too.. and apparently some guy called the cops on us. We were pulled over, searched and the vehicle was searched, haha. It was pretty funny.
I mean the fact you were doing those things and then asking if anyones done it ...it's immature.
Quote by wozzsta
im assuming u live in the US, and i would have to say its becauze you can carry guns over there, i wouldnt ****ing look at someone over there even if there where a sweet looks 18yr old girl she might link i wanna rape her and ****ing shoot me.

thats Texas

the rest of us have to keep them hidden in our house with child locks on them..

which completely kills the fun
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
Quote by wozzsta

yes i live in the US, and where do you live cuz i find that very amusing cuz its not really like that. Most people don't own guns in the US. and most people wouldn't think twice of most of the things i think you are thinking of. My friend yells at hot girls to call him out of car windows and either gets ignored (supports my original point) or laughed at cuz we find it amusing.
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
The good old UK, where you cant even own a free thorght with out a licence of somekind.
Quote by guitartaber93
I mean the fact you were doing those things and then asking if anyones done it ...it's immature.

how is it immature to share a view on a topic and i did these things purposely to prove a point its not like i wear a ninja mask on a daily basis. ur obviously the dumb one for not understanding what is going on.
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
Oh and im not saying i dont like guns, i am i bit of a gun freak infact, i go hunting with my grandad and own my own shotgun, but the thing about the US that scarse me is that you can legaly carry handguns on the street, to me thats just insane!
Quote by t3h h4x0r
how is it immature to share a view on a topic and i did these things purposely to prove a point its not like i wear a ninja mask on a daily basis. ur obviously the dumb one for not understanding what is going on.

I'm talking about how you said you went around to bathroom's and showed your butts to people...(in a way)
Well, if I knew you wre joking, i would do something funny to like be like "OMG They're coming to attack me" and run away. but if its a stragner, i would just mind my own business cuz in my head i have no idea whether ur trying to see my reaction, or yo'ure just actually mental. if u were, then if i said something you might get pissed or attack me. LIke in school, thers this kid that wears a trench coat and has a metal suitcase. one tmie i saw he had an eye patch. i could say something, but im just afraid that one day he might shoot up the school and recognize me. that's rlly my only fear nowadays, it's crazy ppl. I learned that if you don't want any trouble, just mind your own business. that's my excuse.
If i saw someone doing these things, i wouldn't react because frankly i dont give a rats ass. Neither did most of those people. Why would i concern myself with some kid wearing a ninja mask? Doesn't affect my life at all, so im not going to bother with it.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Well, if I knew you wre joking, i would do something funny to like be like "OMG They're coming to attack me" and run away.> but if its a stragner, i would just mind my own business cuz in my head i have no idea whether ur trying to see my reaction, or yo'ure just actually mental. if u were, then if i said something you might get pissed or attack me. LIke in school, thers this kid that wears a trench coat and has a metal suitcase. one tmie i saw he had an eye patch. i could say something, but im just afraid that one day he might shoot up the school and recognize me. that's rlly my only fear nowadays, it's crazy ppl. I learned that if you don't want any trouble, just mind your own business. that's my excuse.

That's whati mean...people will think you're nutters...
Last edited by guitartaber93 at Nov 13, 2007,
well people dont like the burden. They don't want to trouble themselves so they simply just ignore the issue.
1. How do people "go out of their way to ignore things that they don't want to deal with?" Wouldn't it be more out of the way to acknowledge you than to go about their business?

2. No one cares. As long as you aren't hurting anybody, most people aren't going to take the effort of dealing with something that insignificant in their daily routines. As I said before, its just easier not to acknowledge it.
Quote by acidhammerdrums
1. How do people "go out of their way to ignore things that they don't want to deal with?" Wouldn't it be more out of the way to acknowledge you than to go about their business?

2. No one cares. As long as you aren't hurting anybody, most people aren't going to take the effort of dealing with something that insignificant in their daily routines. As I said before, its just easier not to acknowledge it.

In respone to #1 I see it as them doing the unnatural thing by holding back their initial reaction, whether that be surprise or whatever, you are saying that their natural reaction is to acknowledge the person.
#2 don't say no one cares because a lot of people would care, perhaps not you maybe if you saw someone wearing a ninja mask you would mark it as ordinary and continue on with your life, but chances are that people will see it as strange and like i said in #1 want to have some sort or shocked reaction but will go out of their way not to.

Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Well, if I knew you wre joking, i would do something funny to like be like "OMG They're coming to attack me" and run away. but if its a stragner, i would just mind my own business cuz in my head i have no idea whether ur trying to see my reaction, or yo'ure just actually mental. if u were, then if i said something you might get pissed or attack me. LIke in school, thers this kid that wears a trench coat and has a metal suitcase. one tmie i saw he had an eye patch. i could say something, but im just afraid that one day he might shoot up the school and recognize me. that's rlly my only fear nowadays, it's crazy ppl. I learned that if you don't want any trouble, just mind your own business. that's my excuse.

You raise a good point why don't we all do things like this and argue or support the topic instead of just calling me immature and then agreeing with someone else. Yes, that is directed towards you guitartaber93
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
So i have a question, If i did this, went piss bare assed and you walked in what exactly would YOU do?
Well this has actually happened to me, I walked in and this guy had his pants around his ankles, I said "Dude, pull your pants up thats disgusting no one wants to see your ass while you are taking a piss, at least use a stall." He just looked at me said nothing pulled up his pants and walked out of the bathroom.

EDIT: Last post for the night i'll take a look at any new ones tomorrow morning.
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
I wouldn't do anything either. It's just stupid, I have better things to spend my time on. So the whole "test" fails.
peanuts and beers
Quote by t3h h4x0r
In respone to #1 I see it as them doing the unnatural thing by holding back their initial reaction, whether that be surprise or whatever, you are saying that their natural reaction is to acknowledge the person.
#2 don't say no one cares because a lot of people would care, perhaps not you maybe if you saw someone wearing a ninja mask you would mark it as ordinary and continue on with your life, but chances are that people will see it as strange and like i said in #1 want to have some sort or shocked reaction but will go out of their way not to.

My point was that you're expecting some type of huge reaction, when people just don't care enough to give one. (and unless I'm mistaken I think you're missing a negative in that first sentence.)

But like you said, If I saw something out of the ordinary I'd just think to myself "ok, that's odd." and then continue on with my life because it most likely doesn't affect me in any way. But in the above post it seems like you care a lot about seeing something out of the ordinary, we're just two different people I guess. I don't see the point in making a big fuss about slightly odd things, and I think a lot of people would agree with me.
It's not cause I don't wanna deal with it, it's cause I know these annoying teenagers (no offense) are doing it so someone will go "Oh my god! I've never seen anything like it before!"

Personally I hate when people do things purely seeking a reaction, and I really don't care enough to say anything to them. So what? I just move on and do something worthwhile.
Quote by t3h h4x0r
I'm pretty sure that anyone will go out of their way to ignore things that they don't want to have to deal with. I've done a few tests. One of which being i sat in the passenger seat of my friends car with a ninja mask and tinted goggles on. We drove on a multi-lane road where we could drive next to people for extended periods of time. We only got a reaction from one person out of nearly 50. Granted some people truly didn't see us. The one reaction we got was hilarious when the guy saw me he dropped his bagel while it was on the way to his mouth. but the other people stared straight ahead purposely not looking at me while i stared at them. Some people would get a first glance and then start staring straight and we would drive along side them for as long as we could to see if they'd react. WE did this same thing sitting on a bench in a shopping center. No one commented or reacted in any way. Another one we tried was peeing in a public bathroom with our pants around our ankles and our asses bared. no one ever said anything. most people would just try to get as far a urinal away as they could but thats all they did. Any comments or similar experiences?

1 - I always ignore the little wankers when they're trying to goof on people. It seems to bother them when they don't get the attention they're seeking. I like that.

2 - Selecting a urinal far away from someone who is already using one is ALWAYS proper etiquette, regardless of whether or not their pants are down around their ankles. Stay the hell away from me when I'm pissing, you pervert! Sneak a peek at someone else's cock.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
thats Texas

the rest of us have to keep them hidden in our house with child locks on them..

which completely kills the fun

Don't be hatin'.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM