i was wondering if it would be ok to put a 15" speaker in a fender deluxe reverb reissue...and if so how should i go about doing it?ive heard that the DR and the vibrolux have the same electronics...and i really love the big tone that comes out of 15" speakers.thanks
Quote by JamParker
i was wondering if it would be ok to put a 15" speaker in a fender deluxe reverb reissue...and if so how should i go about doing it?ive heard that the DR and the vibrolux have the same electronics...and i really love the big tone that comes out of 15" speakers.thanks

1 - The vibrolux never had a 15".

As a Tweed, it had a single 10"

As a Brown, it had a single 12"

As a Black face up until present, it has 2 12"s

It has always had 2 6L6s in the output section for 35~40 watts of power.

http://www.ampwares.com/ffg/schem/vibrolux_reverb_aa270_schem.gif

2 - The Deluxe Reverb reissue is probably based on the Blackface DR.

The Blackface Deluxe Reverb had a single 12" and 2 6V6 tubes in the output for 22 watts.

http://www.ampwares.com/ffg/schem/deluxe_reverb_ab763_schem.gif

While the circuits are similar, the PT and OT are different. And changing your output tubes to 6L6s will, by itself, not get you more power.

3 - You might be thinking of the Blackface Vibroverb.

That had 2 6L6s and a single 15"

There IS a reissue of the Vibroverb, but that is the Brown version with 2 - 10"s.

4 - In any case, unless you make severe changes to your DR reissue, it won't be like a Vibroverb.

You will still have only have 22 watts, and the 6V6s you have will sound sweeter (imho) than 6L6s. You'll have a DR reissue with a 15". That still might prove to be worth the effort. It depends on your taste, and your choice of speaker.

Cheers,
SYK

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
argh...that's what i meant ...vibroverb...i dont know why i said lux....anyways...now that weve fixed that...i'll ask a more simple question...
could i put a 15" speaker in a DRRI? without having to get a new cab?
I doubt it. I think the outside dimensional height on a deluxe is 17 1/2".
That would put the inside height at about 16 1/2". Subtract about 2" for the chassis and you're at 14 1/2". Sounds like even a shoehorn wouldn't help.

You'll want to measure one yourself, to be certain. But I'd be very surprised if you could do it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.