Hey all, i was just wondering if anyone has had first hand experience with this amp? Where i live doesn't give me a chance to go try one out, at least not soon, so i am going off of youtube videos and other people's opinion's. Basically, my big question is about the built in attenuator. Using that, would it be possibly to get that same great crunch outta the amp at low enough levels to make playing in an apartment viable? Would perhaps an orange tiny terror be a better for me? Also, does anyone know of any other amps, preferably boutique as they seem to be of much higher quality. I play classic rock almost exclusively, and as you can see by my choices my budget is around 2,000 and under.
Fender 60th Anniversary American Strat HSS

Ibanez Sz720 w/ Seymour Duncan '59's

Fender Blues Jr.

Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz

Maxon Od-9

Vox Wah
The thunderverb is more voiced for metal? isn't it? you would be much better off with a tiny terror or a rockerverb 30
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
yeah, tiny terror so you can use its full potential, as 50 watts is a lot of valve power for an apartment.

EDIT: Well if the tiny terror needs to be very loud, how loud will the thunderverb need to be??
Last edited by robin142 at Nov 14, 2007,
Yeah, also i'm thinking about the fact that i won't be living in an apartment forever, like ming said. The thunderverb, according to what i've read is voiced for really nice classic/slightly harder rock sounds. I know it has a built in attenuator, which means you can get it down to 25watts i believe. I'm just thinking along the lines of saving money in the long run in that the thunderverb would basically be the last amp i'll ever need. Would 25 be too much for apartment living you think?

Fender Blues Jr.

Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz

Maxon Od-9

Vox Wah
The attenuator is a good one, and you can get decent cranked sounds out of it at acceptable levels. And it is a nice amp
The Orange guys said the Thunderverb is voiced somewhere between the AD series and the Rockerverb series. The 'verbs have more gain with them
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
One last question. This is my first time looking into an amp head/cabinet instead of a combo amp. Would it be possible to use the thunderverb with a 1x12 for the sake of saving space? Would a 2x12 sound that much better? Also, with the attenuator, would a 1x12 help keep the volume down?

Fender Blues Jr.

Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz

Maxon Od-9

Vox Wah
Quote by adgeneseo
One last question. This is my first time looking into an amp head/cabinet instead of a combo amp. Would it be possible to use the thunderverb with a 1x12 for the sake of saving space? Would a 2x12 sound that much better? Also, with the attenuator, would a 1x12 help keep the volume down?

You could get away with playing it through the 1x12, but the 2x12 would sound SO much better.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
id go for the 2x12 bro... better sound balance thingy... dispersion? suffusion? not sure what word im looking for... and if its the last amp ever id definitely get the thunderverb 50 seeing as vintage brittish voiced as opposed to modern voicings...rumor has it that the thunderverb two hundred is better... but that would more than surely get you evicted
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158