So today i once again completed an impulse buy and brought an EHX Octave multiplexer! Yay! Problem is, i don't exactly know where it fits best in my board. Here is the list of pedals i have atm:

Vox V847 (Modified)
MXR Supercomp
Boss CS-3 Compressor (Modified)
Barber Direct Drive Overdrive
EHx Big Muff
MXR Micro Amp
EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress
EHX Deluxe Memory Man

(In that order)

I was thinking of putting it between my CS-3 and my direct drive. What is your opinions UG?
I usually go like this....

Compresser->Wah->Dist/OD pedals->Modulation effects (ie chorus, flange etc)->Delay/Reverb.

Thats how I'd do a normal pedal setup. I would usually put every modulation effect (Pretty much all pedals except for Wah and Distortion) into the effects loop of my amp.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
oh i know about modulation effects in FX loop. just my amp doesn't have effects loop. And compressor before wah?

So you think octave before flange? wouldn't make more sense to octave the sound before it gets amplified by the boost? not critizing your opinion, i just want the best tone out of it.
Yep, compressor before wah. Otherwise, the Wah sound would be compressed, in some cases that would almost negate the sweep of the wah, depending on the pedal.

Tone is a matter of opinion.....if you want the best tone, why dont you experiment yourself???
And I would agree with The Real Ming.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
After the compressor, before the overdrive. The tracking will be a lot better because of the solid signal from the compressor, if it goes after overdrive the tracking will suffer because of the increased harmonic content.
I think octave or any pitch effect is best before distortion to make it sound kinda more natural. It really makes the distortion sound interesting. Similiar to what I said in another topic, you wouldn't put your 12 string's extra strings after your dirt box.