I'm looking to buy an extended range guitar to do some down-tuned songs; either a 7-string or a baritone 6-string. I know there is already a thread about this but my question is a little different: where do I find a baritone guitar that fits my musical style (rock)? I checked ebay and all I found was Danelectros for the most part. And they are out of the question. Musician's Friend/Guitar Center has a limited selection as well. I don't want to spend a ton on a baritone guitar (because I could just as easily buy a $200 7-string and it would do the job just fine). I've found a few Ibanez baritone pictures on the web...but nowhere seems to sell them. Anybody know of anywhere else to look? If not I'm just gonna buy a 7-string.
get a fender VI
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Why are Danelectro unacceptable? Have you tried their baritones?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
Quote by Zephyyr
Why are Danelectro unacceptable? Have you tried their baritones?

yeah, i personally like dano baris
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
you can get a fender one i forget what its called it might be a VI i know it looks like a jazzmaster. i hear those are good, or you could get a gretch extended range one for around the same price.

Edit: heres some links
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gretsch-Guitars-G5265-Jet-Baritone?sku=511568 < the gretch

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Baritone-Special-HH?sku=511325 ^ the fender one
Last edited by aaron6890 at Nov 14, 2007,
I beleive musicians friends has a search options that filters everything out besides 7s and baritones. I could be wrong though.
yeah they do have a search option..but even after that the choices are very limited (most of them are 7-strings, very few baritones).