well i had studied up on the gibson flying V faded and just when i was about to order it it got discontinued. Tough luck

SO....

im looking for a new guitar in the 600 dollar range that can do metal and i mean good metal.

right now im looking at the dean razor and it looks hella sweet, anyone have any experience with this guitar and can tell me if it is what im looking for?
Last edited by conquistador at Nov 14, 2007,
They're not that bad looking, and they play and sound okay, but the hardware can be pretty cheap on them.

Have a look at some ESP Flying V's. The one I've played wasn't bad.
Nor was Alexi Laiho's pro model.
Sorry, I have no contribution but why not get a used V?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i dont know about the razorback but deans are good.

my next guitar will be a dean
Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...
The Razorback is very nice. I'm personally a fan of different body styles, but I'll admit it's put together very well. Sounds pretty (by pretty I mean evil). I'd say go for it man.
why dont u go to a guitar store and see if they have any faded v's left since you wanted it that bad. theres like 4 of those at the guitar center by my house and also look for a used one, you could prolly get a better quality v for $600 used.
i gotta agree, Deans are crap....

get a schector hellraiser , or the cheaper version, the omen

these guitars are way better for metal than deans and beat them anyday.
Quote by soul_power
Sorry, I have no contribution but why not get a used V?

i dunno its just every guitar ive ever gotten is used and well i just want something that is MINE lol you know wat i mean?
agreed on Schecter or ESP, deans suck.... for metal, go Schecter or ESP, even jackson is good
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson DK2-L w/ Dimarzio X2N
Takamine acoustic

Bass:
Fender Precision Bass

Amp:
Marshall AVTX150H
Behringer BG412F
Marshall MG15MSII
I've got a faded V that I picked up used over the summer for about $500. I love that guitar.
DRM, it's killing music.
I know what you should get.

A.......
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I've heard good things from the Peavey Rotor line..if you want to be different.
Nope, no sig here.
I played the razorback last week and it was amazing.. i just dont get why people hate it so much... The only reason i can think of is that, YES it is overpriced, but dont forget there are other overpriced guitars such as Gibsons...
Schecter for the win.

Definetly, A metal guitar, By any means of the name.

You can get a schecter for 600 that most companies wouldnt sell for 1000.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
You wont be able to get any "really good metal" out of a 600 guitar, but u could probably get very close with a lower end esp, forget about the dean, its overprices for what its really worth. Either check out some esps or the scheter c-1, its also a pretty good choice, but i think its a bit over ur price range!
Quote by which ones pink
How about a Jackson Pro RR3?

Linky

Thats what i was gonna say
and deans arent crap, the lower models are, and the sig models might be overpriced, but i dare you to try theyr higher end ml's and cadilac's
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic