Anyone who's a Floyd fan or even a partial fan has to check out this DVD. Unbelievable, the highlight for me was when they played Echoes. The timing and talent on that number is unreal, full standing ovation at the end of the song. I've been a fan of Pink Floyd and Gilmour for a while and the Pulse DVD is awesome, but this is magical. True musicians at work. Definitely check this out. I'm just suprised this has not gotten the attention it deserves, not on UG but in mainstream I mean. I guess thats the way things are nowadays.
Yeah, I watched this the other day and didn't even know they were going to play the full Echoes. Was gobsmacked.

BTW, 'On An Island' is as good a song as Gilmour has written IMHO. Every bit as good as classic Floyd and the performance on the DVD is awesome.
yeah this is a brilliant performance. some of the tracks from 'on an island' are good but some don't really grab me.

for me, the best stuff on this dvd are the floyd tracks, 'echoes' is really great, as the threadstarter says, the timing and talent is awesome. i also really like the arrangements of 'comfortably numb' and 'shine on you crazy diamond', different from the original recorded versions but superb nonetheless.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
^ SOYCD with Crosby & Nash was amazing. Nice to see yet another different version of it. Echoes was mindblowing. The only song that I didn't care for too much was Arnold Layne. I don't know what it is about that song but it just doesn't hit me the way Floyd usually does.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
I'm not a big fan of Arnold Lane (or any Sid era Floyd) either but I thought Bowie was perfect for it. Made it sound more like old Bowie tune than a Floyd one. On the other hand I was disappointed with him on Comfortably Numb. Would have been better to have him sing the high bits.

I agree on Shine On. Was really nice to hear a slightly different version of it.
Quote by dr_john
yeah this is a brilliant performance. some of the tracks from 'on an island' are good but some don't really grab me.

for me, the best stuff on this dvd are the floyd tracks, 'echoes' is really great, as the threadstarter says, the timing and talent is awesome. i also really like the arrangements of 'comfortably numb' and 'shine on you crazy diamond', different from the original recorded versions but superb nonetheless.

I agree, I really liked both Shine On and Comfortably Numb. If you listen to the end solo on Comf. Numb some parts are dead on from Pulse from timing to tone. Gilmour just hasn't lost his touch what so ever. Neither has his voice gone and sounds great.

I really like this DVD because it seems much more personal, because its a smaller venue, but also much more raw. What I mean by that is if you take the Pulse DVD which is great and I'm not knocking it down at all but in post-production they enhanced it you know so it sounds more like a studio recording. Its great but this DVD sounds much more like a 'live' show. The little nods they give each other, etc to the sound. Amazing DVD.