So, here we go.

Current gear consists of this:

-Danelectro Honeytone mini amp, battery powered
-Pignose Hog 30 portable amp, battery powered but considerably larger than the Honeytone.
-home-built 1x12 (I think) speaker cab
-100 watt solid state PA amplifier, haven't found a use for it yet.

I haven't used any of these in conjunction with each other, and haven't yet found a use for the PA.

Requirements for new amp:

-$450-ish max price, lower than $400 would be preferred
-tube
-would prefer some clean headroom, but mild overdrive would suit me fine as well

Now, I'm unsure about wattage, mainly because I don't know how my PA works into this. I found it out in the storeroom, and have been using it as a mixing board of sorts for recording. I figure if the band I'm hoping to form comes to pass, it could be of use, and if not I could use it to mic my amp if I end up getting a lower wattage one. I need whatever amp I get to play well at gigging levels, but that might mean less wattage than usual if I end up using the PA head to mic it.

So, uh, what should I be doing in this situation? I already had a mind for a used Blues Junior, but the Crates have caught my eye as well.......

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: let me also say I'm perfectly fine with getting a used amp, if that helps with price issues.
Last edited by Wulver at Nov 14, 2007,
Wow, even finding a decent tube amp for practice at that price is going to be difficult, but there are plenty of good solid state amps that are really good. Look at the Line 6 Spider III series.
Crate V16/V32 (used)
Classic 30 (used)
Traynor YCV40 (used)
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Wow, even finding a decent tube amp for practice at that price is going to be difficult, but there are plenty of good solid state amps that are really good. Look at the Line 6 Spider III series.

Thanks, but I would still want some sort of tube amp. And the only hybrid amp I'm willing to seriously consider is that Vox Valvetronix thingie.

Thanks to the other suggestions, will have to check those out.

Other suggestions still very much welcome
Having read your comments, the Blues Jr. was the first amp that came to mind.
blues jr was one I was considering for a fair while now, and honestly it's still one of my top choices if I manage to find one used.

Still hoping for some suggestions, guys.
I second the blues junior.
If you want more clean headroom you can try buying used and getting higher wattage.
Hot Rod Deluxes have nice cleans and go for round 400 usd used
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.