So im buying a EVJ with the extention cabinet as well, im wondering when this thing is cranked is it loud? can go over the drums? good for you know a samll gig or not so very curious
no. no. and no.

It is an awesome amp though, I definitely recommend it, but it's just a practice amp. Nothing more. I have a 15 watt tube amp (british rated, it's more like 20-25 watts tube) and it can just barely do small gigs and play over a drummer. The VJ is 5 watts... It won't be able to do gigs or go over drums.
Quote by srv2112
no. no. and no.

It is an awesome amp though, I definitely recommend it, but it's just a practice amp. Nothing more. I have a 15 watt tube amp (british rated, it's more like 20-25 watts tube) and it can just barely do small gigs and play over a drummer. The VJ is 5 watts... It won't be able to do gigs or go over drums.

what kind of a 15w tube amp do you have??? i have a Blues Jr that goes over my drummer with the master volume at 4-5... out of 12...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
they aren't over here in australia ohh well, so not even loud enough with the 70 watt extention cab? meh im just going to be using it for bedroom jammign with friends and stuff sounds so amazing can wait to try it with my ds-2 and echoflanger ,

oh and does the zoom g2.1u sound decent through it or like digital......
^that's a beastly drummer. or that he doesn't have his rig set up right. my amp faces upwards so it sounds louder. and its got weber speakers.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
To EC: You can't tell by my sig
Tiny Terror.

And my drummer is really loud. He goes through a pair of sticks a week and has replaced his snare head many times..

If your drummer is REALLY quiet, you might be able to hear the Epi break through, but I wouldn't get one for anything other than practice

EDIT:
Quote by forsaknazrael
Judging by his sig....Probably a Tiny Terror. Maybe his drummer is a beast? Don't forget, your BJr has a very efficient speaker.

Holy shit... Stop stalking me
You predicted my post perfectly.
AHH
Last edited by srv2112 at Nov 14, 2007,
god ur drummer is a beast.

but i cut through well with my bassist friend using his 800w carvin and a pair of AVT50s from my other two guitarist friends. with the drummer. he goes through a pair a week too... but don't have money to replace any snare (i don't think he ever went through one tho.)
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ok then thanks anyway yeah will then drumer i play with isn't heavy she's kinda loud but not that loud hahaha so its all good so if i crank it its probly will get over hahaha thanks for help ,

does anyone know how the zoom will sound through the EVJ
if it's a she... don't even think she'd be louder than an orange tiny terror.

even if she had metal sticks.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
lol that so S3xist man but nevermind haha your an awesome help, she's not teh quiet but shes not to loud she's liek a good volume hahaha hard to explain but she's fun to play with haha good drumer,

any one know about the zoom?
Quote by ECistheBest
if it's a she... don't even think she'd be louder than an orange tiny terror.

even if she had metal sticks.

I love blatant sexism. But is your drummer a whore? Because if she is, I BET SHE CAN HANDLE STICKS WELL!!!
Right guys? Right?...

no she's not she's quite nice really. ok enough sexism now guy ok, so why is the cabinet rated 70watts? is it?
The speaker in your cab's watts don't have anything to do with how loud your amp sounds. You just need to make sure your speaker has more than or equal to the wattage in your head. The only watts that matter for how loud you sound are the head's watts.
Quote by heavenishell
So im buying a EVJ with the extention cabinet as well, im wondering when this thing is cranked is it loud? can go over the drums? good for you know a samll gig or not so very curious

It's pretty loud, but not loud enough for gigs.

For the same money as the VJ stack, you could find a used fender Blues Jr. Much better choice, IMHO.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
nah i looked around none here is the EVJ stack a good or not be use mosty for bedroom and little jamming and recording ?
You coud just mic it if you have a pa and it would get over the drums
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
http://www.hantelparty.de/xt/female-bodybuilder.gif

Well this could be his drummer no? -cringe-

IMO, a VJ will get over a drummer, i can get a lame ass 10 watter (With an 8 inch speaker) over a drummer, works fine just for practice, im sure you can get a (Fairly loud) Valve amp through a 12 inch speaker cab over a drummer. :?
haha yeah im an aussia sorry no craiglist ohh well im getting the EVJ i dont alway jam with drumer , i jam with a synth alot as well so it awesome for that