Page 1 of 3
Maybe this belongs in the religion thread. Maybe I've just had a bad night and I'm not thinking about things.

But I hate people who chalk up bad things to God. That God has a plan for terrible things.

"My girlfriend fucked my brother and now they're having a baby, and my father was killed on the way home from Christmas shopping........But I know God has plan! I know these things happened for a reason."

God was created so people wouldn't have to own up to their own misfortunes, mistakes, infidelities and depression. Be a man and live for your own goddamn self. I don't need a God to step into me like I'M the one that doesn't exist.

I'm sorry.
I'm going to bed....
Poor advice.
God or no God, doesn't really matter to me.

I have a general belief in a higher power, but I don't really base my life around such ideas.

I just live for me, you know?

and when it comes to having something to blame your misfortune on, your right, TS, own up to whats your fault, and shrug off what's not. Life goes on.
Nikolas
sorry about your girlfriend and ur dad!!!
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by burrit0
Sorry to hear that people have hope.

Hope is for the weak. Except that there is no God and no point to life and that when you die there will be nothing for you and you will be much happier.

Jk. For some people rationalizing terrible situations as part of a divine plan helps them get through tough times. It's a completely human response to moments of pain, and if it helps them deal with it then just let them be.
Quote by Vermintide
I love getting hit in the balls.

Sometimes, I masturbate while imagining my girlfriend is ramming her knee up into my precious orbs. It turns me on so much.

Actually, that's not true. I don't have a girlfriend
Last Olympics some guy credited God with his gold medal for boxing...

As if God somehow empowered him to beat the crap out of his opponents.
I think I'll take the George Carlin route and start praying to Joe Pesci. There's a man who gets sh*t done.
It's okay when people use religion to get through the tough times, but when people start thanking god for victories and calling upon him for the killing of others, religion loses all credibility
Religion loses all credibility as soon as you take a look at all the religious texts and see how they're complete nonsense.

And I agree with the threadstarter, I think it's funny how whenever something good happens, people assume it's because of God, and start throwing around the word "MIRACLE!"

But if something terrible happens, they say "um... yeah, I dunno what happened there." Or "the lord works in mysterious ways" or some bull**** like that.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Last edited by JesusOfSbrbia at Nov 14, 2007,
Maybe this belongs in the religion thread. Maybe I've just had a bad night and I'm not thinking about things.

But I hate people who chalk up bad things to God. That God has a plan for terrible things.

"My girlfriend fucked my brother and now they're having a baby, and my father was killed on the way home from Christmas shopping........But I know God has plan! I know these things happened for a reason."

God was created so people wouldn't have to own up to their own misfortunes, mistakes, infidelities and depression. Be a man and live for your own goddamn self. I don't need a God to step into me like I'M the one that doesn't exist.

I'm sorry.
I'm going to bed....Maybe it does.
But lets see if it flies here in the context of personal responsibility.

Whether or not you believe in God doesn't necessarily preclude responsibility for our own actions or accidents and chance happenings.

Bad things happening are only part of "God's plan" in the sense that they are within the realm of possibilities. Not that they were specifically willed by God.

Just my $.02

Sleep well.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
Religion loses all credibility as soon as you take a look at all the religious texts and see how it's complete nonsense.

It's only nonsense when you look at it how, unfortunately, religious leaders insist it be interpreted, as real. Religion has become less important to people because they can't identify with it. If religion wasn't interpreted as real by the religious leaders and was instead shown as stories, with messages to live by, then religion would be a much more credible force in the world, instead of in the limelight.
Quote by Vermintide
I love getting hit in the balls.

Sometimes, I masturbate while imagining my girlfriend is ramming her knee up into my precious orbs. It turns me on so much.

Actually, that's not true. I don't have a girlfriend
Well, there are all those sympathy cards that had "let God comfort you" on them.

What? Is God planning on giving me a hug anytime soon? Is God planning on making me those cakes my gran used to make?

GTFO with your comforting God -_-
What I don't get is how they can feel 'comforted' by God, or like praying to him and things like that. I mean it's not like he's going to answer, so how's it any different to talking to a rock?

Not trying to offend anyone, obviously, I've just wondered that for a while.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Nov 14, 2007,
Why do any of you actually care if people have some belief that you don't that just might make them feel a little bit better?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Honestly, I wasn't intending on a discussion. I was just venting about morons I know.

About a month ago my girlfriend dumped me and my mother and stepfather lost their jobs so I've been helping them out with money. This dude I knows tries to help me by sending my a Myspace message full of Bible verses and "God has a plan, dude." Does that help my parents find a job? Does that bring the person I love back to me?

Okay, let's try some prayer:

"Dear God. It's me, Randy. I don't normally do this, but I'm at the end of my rope and thought I would try and ask you for help. I pary that my mother and stepfather find a job tomorrow. And I pray that my girlfriend comes back to me."

Am I going to wake up in the morning to a phone call from her wanting to get back together? Are my parents going to come home that night and say, "Randy, we found jobs."

No, they're not. Try this out for yourself. Pray for a new car, a new guitar, superpowers, a good grade on a Physics test, a little attention from females, the cure to your mother's cancer.....and see what you get.
Poor advice.
Quote by stellar_legs
Honestly, I wasn't intending on a discussion. I was just venting about morons I know.

About a month ago my girlfriend dumped me and my mother and stepfather lost their jobs so I've been helping them out with money. This dude I knows tries to help me by sending my a Myspace message full of Bible verses and "God has a plan, dude." Does that help my parents find a job? Does that bring the person I love back to me?

Okay, let's try some prayer:

"Dear God. It's me, Randy. I don't normally do this, but I'm at the end of my rope and thought I would try and ask you for help. I pary that my mother and stepfather find a job tomorrow. And I pray that my girlfriend comes back to me."

Am I going to wake up in the morning to a phone call from her wanting to get back together? Are my parents going to come home that night and say, "Randy, we found jobs."

No, they're not. Try this out for yourself. Pray for a new car, a new guitar, superpowers, a good grade on a Physics test, a little attention from females, the cure to your mother's cancer.....and see what you get.

....I don't know why I have to spell it out for you. Is reading a book of poetry, or listening to music that you like a lot, or playing your guitar, or venting to UG going to make your problems go away? No. But it'll make you feel just a tiny little bit better inside. Same goes with Christians who go on and on about God.

And no, I'm not a Christian..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

I can see the point you guys are making but honestly belief in no God is just as dumb. I could be wrong but I seriously doubt any of you have read the Bible and put thought into your argument. Most of the time people that make the same arguments are doing it because at some point they were forced to church by parents or had a bad experience with Christians or people from some religion. In Christianity, God gave people a free will and people screwed it up therefore causing sin and out of love God sent his Son to save people from it. Can you blame people for finding comfort in that? I'd rather believe in that than nothing. You say people are weak for needing comfort? That's BS. Unless you are a robot you cannot tell me you've never felt the need to be comforted. Believe what you want. I'm joining the Marines and I'm not some sappy ass guy. Just seriously shut the hell up when talking about all this cause it honestly makes you look ignorant and stupid. Ever thought about dating a girl with morals? (happens to be a result of a belief in a righteous just God) Maybe if you did she wouldn't have messed around with your brother. I'm sorry about your dad. Ever thought about just trying to find comfort in a relationship with God? It doesn't mean he'll hug you. He can help through other believers (you arent the only person alive who has lost someone they loved). Signs and miracles do seem impossible to people, so why would he use them? Who knows. And maybe after you got over yourself and found out that religion wasn't so dumb after all, maybe He does have a plan. Maybe there will be another kid who's family member was killed, or had problems with siblings and you are the only one who could reach them. Maybe with some common ground, or maybe because they feel the same way you did.

I dont know, tell me what you think. I'm kind of searching myself but it seems you jump to conclusions too fast.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Why do any of you actually care if people have some belief that you don't that just might make them feel a little bit better?

Personally I am not against whole god thing " if people feel a little better by relating it to religion " . What i don't like is that they blame everything bad on GOD and somehow if things get better they start promoting religion like a salesman who has nothing to offer except bull****

Lets see a guy suffering from cancer says a crap like "It was a God Will or something like that" . First of all God didn't told you to smoke cigg. . He also never bought a single pack for you or gifted u any . It was he who decided to sm0ke and he's paying a price for that.

Whatever **** goes on in our life . It's because of our actions . God is a fictional charachter and if he really exists He's really enjoying watching us suffer. Don't waste your time thinking about Heaven or Hell. They don't exist. If you are living a good life you're living in Heaven otherwise you are living in hell.
Hi
Maybe the guy sending you messages is trying to make you feel better in the best way he can? How does that make him a moron?

Personally, I believe in and love me some God. I never try to put that on others, but when I hear people saying things that basically make me out to be an idiot for my beliefs, that pisses me off a bit. I know there are many who share the same, or similar beliefs that do idiotic things, but why can't someone like me believe without having to be subject to such harsh words?

I do think that if you resent your myspace friend sending you those messages that you have every right to let him know that you don't believe in that and that you wish he would stop sending you those kinds of things. I just think you are being a little harsh with your judgements towards people that have different beliefs than you. Fair?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by abhishek21
Personally I am not against whole god thing " if people feel a little better by relating it to religion " . What i don't like is that they blame everything bad on GOD and somehow if things get better they start promoting religion like a salesman who has nothing to offer except bull****

Lets see a guy suffering from cancer says a crap like "It was a God Will or something like that" . First of all God didn't told you to smoke cigg. . He also never bought a single pack for you or gifted u any . It was he who decided to sm0ke and he's paying a price for that.

Whatever **** goes on in our life . It's because of our actions . God is a fictional charachter and if he really exists He's really enjoying watching us suffer. Don't waste your time thinking about Heaven or Hell. They don't exist. If you are living a good life you're living in Heaven otherwise you are living in hell.

You act as if the person who says, "It was God's will" was complaining. If he was bitching about how he got cancer because God didn't love him, then what you're saying would make sense. Furthermore, if he truly believes in God's will, he would believe that God did want him smoking.. And aside from that, if Christians are right, and God is all knowledgeable, then maybe he SHOULD have stopped him from smoking.

Either way.. Why do you care? As long as they're not trying to push it down your throat when they know you don't care, I don't see what the problem is. Though, I know plenty of Atheists who do the same thing to Christians. You, for example, seem to be promoting the beliefs of atheists like a salesman at the end of your post.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

Dude! You're well known for outrageous replies, but this one is sooooo on the mark.

1 - Yes, it can be annoying when others believe in things you don't, in a way you think is illogical.

2 - This can be ESPECIALLY annoying when they try to PUSH it on you.

3 - We are ALL much better off to respectfully disagree with them, if that's the case.
...and MOVE ON with our own pursuits.

People WILL see things differently. It's important to accept that, and set a proper example for those who try to push their beliefs on others. Nothing wrong with a bit of discussion. If you don't agree, fine. But if you don't want to hear their point of view, tell them to keep it to themselves and YOU do likewise.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Dude! You're well known for outrageous replies, but this one is sooooo on the mark.

1 - Yes, it can be annoying when others believe in things you don't, in a way you think is illogical.

2 - This can be ESPECIALLY annoying when they try to PUSH it on you.

3 - We are ALL much better off to respectfully disagree with them, if that's the case.
...and MOVE ON with our own pursuits.

People WILL see things differently. It's important to accept that, and set a proper example for those who try to push their beliefs on others. Nothing wrong with a bit of discussion. If you don't agree, fine. But if you don't want to hear their point of view, tell them to keep it to themselves and YOU do likewise.

I'm feeling mellow tonight, I just woke up.
Quote by vintage x metal

Stereotypical Christians harass non-Christians.

Stereotypical atheists harass theists.

Hey, hold on, this reminds me of teh Brother/Preacher Rick!! He was on my campus last week. Anybody else ever been talked at by this King of Prosetylization? (Actually, because of BR's BS, a few Christian groups at the University are actually working harder to fight it. Interesting.)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I think people are struggling with the fact the according to the Bible BAD THINGS that happen are cause by SIN which was caused by US because God gave us FREE WILL. God sent a REMEDY and people are too stubborn to accept it. He doesn't sit up there and laugh at you hurting.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I'm feeling mellow tonight, I just woke up.

You should feel mellow more often... We don't usually agree do we?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by iluvmyprs89
I think people are struggling with the fact the according to the Bible BAD THINGS that happen are cause by SIN which was caused by US because God gave us FREE WILL. God sent a REMEDY and people are too stubborn to accept it. He doesn't sit up there and laugh at you hurting.

Obviously he has no sense of humor.

Edit to SteveHouse: I'm sure I agree with you more than I let on. I just get bored, and feel like randomly arguing a lot of the time.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by iluvmyprs89

We caused Human sin maybe, but Humanity did not create sin itself. Take your spewings to the religion thread.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by iluvmyprs89

Yes, "according to the bible". Which is a book. Written a long time ago. By people, not God. It has also been edited and translated. By people, not God.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
You act as if the person who says, "It was God's will" was complaining. If he was bitching about how he got cancer because God didn't love him, then what you're saying would make sense. Furthermore, if he truly believes in God's will, he would believe that God did want him smoking.. And aside from that, if Christians are right, and God is all knowledgeable, then maybe he SHOULD have stopped him from smoking.

Either way.. Why do you care? As long as they're not trying to push it down your throat when they know you don't care, I don't see what the problem is. Though, I know plenty of Atheists who do the same thing to Christians. You, for example, seem to be promoting the beliefs of atheists like a salesman at the end of your post.

It was a sarcastic remark but I guess it did not translate well . As far as end of my post is concerned . I'm not promoting beliefs of an atheist , I am just sharing them and if you call that promoting . I guess everyone in this thread who rant about God was a cting like that salesman . I used "Salesman " in some other context which is a little different topic

I am an atheist and i admit that but I'm far better person than those jerks who say that they believe in god . But in reality they only remember God when somethings wrong in there life .
Hi
Quote by abhishek21

I am an atheist and i admit that but I'm far better person than those jerks who say that they believe in god . But in reality they only remember God when somethings wrong in there life .

Most decent atheists are more moral than most Christians. It makes me laugh and breathe fire at the same time.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

^ Don't speak for me.

EDIT: To the post above Steve's.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by abhishek21
It was a sarcastic remark but I guess it did not translate well . As far as end of my post is concerned . I'm not promoting beliefs of an atheist , I am just sharing them and if you call that promoting . I guess everyone in this thread who rant about God was a cting like that salesman . I used "Salesman " in some other context which is a little different topic

And I could say that because I'm agnostic I'm better than both of you types because I'm not going to deny either is a possibility, and therefore you're both close minded. But I'm not going to do that.

But regardless, I imagine if you were looking at it from an outside perspective, as in not Atheist, or Christian, you could tell that both groups act exactly the same at times. And even if some Christians do act in that manner, there are just as many Atheists who do the same. The only difference is that Christians generally have good intentions, whereas most Atheists who do it are just trying to bring other people down by ****ting on their beliefs. And note that I said generally. There are plenty of self-righteous assholes Christians who do the same thing.

But whatev.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
And I could say that because I'm agnostic I'm better than both of you types because I'm not going to deny either is a possibility, and therefore you're both close minded. But I'm not going to do that.

But regardless, I imagine if you were looking at it from an outside perspective, as in not Atheist, or Christian, you could tell that both groups act exactly the same at times. And even if some Christians do act in that manner, there are just as many Atheists who do the same. The only difference is that Christians generally have good intentions, whereas most Atheists who do it are just trying to bring other people down by ****ting on their beliefs.

But whatev.

The intention of the atheist = the intention of the Christian.
Christian = disillusion the heathen to save their soul.
Atheist = disillusion the rest of us to keep us from wasting our lives.

That's pretty similar IMO. And while yeah, some atheists try to bring themselves up by comparison, so do some loud Christians, and so does everyone who makes fun of someone else or something someone else likes, ad nausem.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
The intention of the atheist = the intention of the Christian.
Christian = disillusion the heathen to save their soul.
Atheist = disillusion the rest of us to keep us from wasting our lives.

That's pretty similar IMO. And while yeah, some atheists try to bring themselves up by comparison, so do some loud Christians, and so does everyone who makes fun of someone else or something someone else likes, ad nausem.

If everyone believed that the Saint of Killers is the new God, like I do... Then everything would be better.

That's right.. Everyone's spiritual beliefs should come from comic books.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
If everyone believed that the Saint of Killers is the new God, like I do... Then everything would be better.

That's right.. Everyone's spiritual beliefs should come from comic books.

Nah... I'd rather worship that huge head-shaped computer from Hitchiker's Guide. She knew what was going on, AND she resided on a planet called Magarathea. What is more awesome?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I respect people for having their own opinion , even if i don't agree with them . I'll stop arguing now
Hi
Quote by abhishek21
I respect people for having their own opinion , even if i don't agree with them . I'll stop arguing now

Your sig kind of makes this post hilarious, I'm sorry...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Page 1 of 3