Please forgive me, I have ADD and this stuff just pops into my head..lol..bit of a stream of thought thing going on..

My first thought, inspired my ASU getting a plasma cam, is to use 2 pieces of thin steel to make the front and back of a guitar body, with short pieces of round tubing in between to hold them 2 to 2 1/2 inches apart, making a basic guitar shape, and filling the rest with some sort of plastic, rubber or hard wax. Not sure about the filler yet..but the ides is quite feasible. I ca weld it myself and everything ^_^ I'm still figuring out how to mount the neck, though.. I'm wondering how being mounted to steel(or aluminum if I can get some) would affect the equipment. I really don't want to break anything.. I'm also quite undecided as to what sort of hardware to use. I've decided on a 2 pickup design, quite simple. Single coil in front, 'bucker at the bridge, 3 way switch and a volume knob. (I don't ever use tone knobs unless they operate a coil tap)

Thoughts...suggestions...constructive criticism..all are welcome..

Second thought...much simpler. J. bass neck and bridge transported onto a hello kitty strat body, with a jazz humbucker instead of the squier...thing...this sounds like fun.
Nope, no sig here.
the whole steel thing would be so bright sounding it wouldn't be funnya nd mounting the neck is a completely different story
I am me. Live with it.
That's awesome. (first thing I thought when I read that was "that's not a bad idea.."...lol)
Nope, no sig here.
Nope...2 peices of flat steel, held apart far enough to form the front and back of the guitar with hard wax(probably) in between them to fill the gap....like waxing a pickup, but with the whole guitar. No metal on the sides,(*), so I may need something harder than wax..

edit: *and a steel plate on the bottom to mount the strap button...lol
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Nov 14, 2007,
Quote by Mutant Corn
Please forgive me, I have ADD and this stuff just pops into my head..lol..bit of a stream of thought thing going on..

My first thought, inspired my ASU getting a plasma cam, is to use 2 pieces of thin steel to make the front and back of a guitar body, with short pieces of round tubing in between to hold them 2 to 2 1/2 inches apart, making a basic guitar shape, and filling the rest with some sort of plastic, rubber or hard wax. Not sure about the filler yet..but the ides is quite feasible. I ca weld it myself and everything ^_^ I'm still figuring out how to mount the neck, though.. I'm wondering how being mounted to steel(or aluminum if I can get some) would affect the equipment. I really don't want to break anything.. I'm also quite undecided as to what sort of hardware to use. I've decided on a 2 pickup design, quite simple. Single coil in front, 'bucker at the bridge, 3 way switch and a volume knob. (I don't ever use tone knobs unless they operate a coil tap)

Thoughts...suggestions...constructive criticism..all are welcome..

Second thought...much simpler. J. bass neck and bridge transported onto a hello kitty strat body, with a jazz humbucker instead of the squier...thing...this sounds like fun.

This will probably have sustain for ............ miliseconds.

If the ends of the strings are held PERFECTLY still in relationship with one another, the energy stays in the movement of the string. This is a good way to get long sustain.

If the bridge is allowed to move a piece of wood or metal and couple some of that energy into acoustic energy, that energy is lost but some of the movement is reflected back into the string. Sustain can still be moderate.

If the bridge is allowed to move, but the movements are damped by soft material like wax or rubber, that energy is converted into heat. Little of it is reflected back into the string. Sustain suffers badly.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Mutant Corn

You DO that a neck of a bass and a neck of a guitar are on completely different scales.
My Gear:
Agile - 2000 W/ EMG 81/85
Fender 112 Stageman
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech Rp100
Yamaha Ac/El
If the ends of the strings are held PERFECTLY still in relationship with one another, the energy stays in the movement of the string. This is a good way to get long sustain.
It's gona be mounted to a piece of steel...so..it fits under this one? That makes me happy.

edit: wait...the neck's wood...#2...lol

You DO that a neck of a bass and a neck of a guitar are on completely different scales.
Can't be too hard...even if I move the bridge location, all I need is a measuring tape and a screwdriver. It's not a trem bridge..
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Nov 14, 2007,
oh yeah i also want to put emg's into a wall at school.....there already routed...pics will ensue
Isn't it obvious? When his classmates randomly walk up and smashed their guitars into the wall, he'll be able to pick up the sound of the strings breaking in half on the wood, record it on his computer, and laugh at it with those SAME friends YEARS later!

ITS INGENIOUS!