I heard that theres a nerve that can be severed from getting an eyebrow piercing, and that it can cause paralisis in the face.
Anyone have an idea of what the chances of this happening are?
Quote by xolax
So, any of you people on here use GIMP? Im starting to get into it and would love to see what you have come up with before.
Probably extremely unlikely...unless of course you have a complete dope doing the piercing for you.
Im gonna go to a pretty reputable place, so it shouldnt be too much of a worry (i hope)
Quote by xolax
So, any of you people on here use GIMP? Im starting to get into it and would love to see what you have come up with before.
thanks for the opinions guys, i appreciate it
Quote by xolax
I have my left eyebrow done twice, my right once, and have had two of those redone, and nothing has happened to me. As well as the fact that I know plenty of people with eyebrow rings who can still move their faces...
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Quote by capsfan17
I have my left eyebrow done twice, my right once, and have had two of those redone, and nothing has happened to me. As well as the fact that I know plenty of people with eyebrow rings who can still move their faces...

that sounds pretty promising dude. ill just blame u if everything goes ass-up :P
Quote by xolax
That's just a stupid rumour.

A good piercer wouldn't ruin their reputation by paralysing people's faces.
Quote by drakenshadow
thats the risk you take...

grow some.

I wasnt having a whine about the risk, i was just asking what the chances of hitting the nerve are. Ass.
Quote by xolax
Chances are very slim, especially as they normally check for the nerve by shining a light through the clamped skin.

I had my eyebrow pierced for a while (taken it out now) and I can still move my face.

Just go somewhere clean and reputable. I don't know about you, but I prefer getting pierced by a female.....*shrugs*
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

Yeah make sure the person who does it has a proper certificate. I'm thinking about getting it done so I'm interested. I have my lip but thats been no trouble at all.
"We weren’t too ambitious when we started out. We just wanted to be the biggest thing that ever walked the planet."
-- Steven Tyler
Quote by apalm
Yeah make sure the person who does it has a proper certificate. I'm thinking about getting it done so I'm interested. I have my lip but thats been no trouble at all.

I was thinkin on gettin my lip done first, but nah ill wait.
Quote by xolax
Yeah I have my left eyebrow pierced and did some research before I got it. There's like three nerves in each of your eyebrows, but they're only at from the middle of your eyebrow to inward. So as long as you pierce it on the outside half you won't be paralyzed.

On another note, i've had my piercing for about 2 years and have a bump on the upper and lower entrances. It's not infected and it seems like scar tissue. Anyone have this happen/know how to get rid of it?
^^ You might be prone to keloid scarring like me.
You can get the scars injected with steroids which I have had done one my hand after a cycling accident (probably a little too extreme for you) or you can massage it continuously (probably a little difficult with a piercing in).
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

Keloid scarring, hmm. Well I might hafta take it out anyways for getting a job but thanks.
I did my own eyebrow piercing, and I reckon it's highly unlikely that you can sever the nerve there. Look at how many people have eyebrow piercings these days and who's faces aren't paralysed.

You might have a slight chance of it happening if you go too deep, basically touching the bone and gouge around in there.
What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.
- Bill Hicks