I was just making a post and reminiscing about the times I got to set up somewhat of a 'real' studio in my house, and it made me realise that anytime I walk into a real studio, I get a certain feeling. Now, I don't work in a studio, so I'm not in them all the time, but I've been in a handful of studios quite a lot of times, and every time I'm in one, I just get this feeling. The strength of the feeling is entirely dependent on how awesome the studio is in terms of both gear and recording rooms, and whether or not I played a part in the studios creation (in which case they are never 'real studios' but more just places I've set up to record a band). Anyways, I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else gets that feeling.
Last edited by big crouton at Nov 14, 2007,
yeah dude, my band has only gone into the studio twice but each time we opened that heavy ass door it was like.. yeah.. its go time. i cant really explain it, its just this awesome feeling of like, "we've been working on these songs for so long, now its time to make them perfect." it was just so awesome to play on all the different kinds of amps and get different sounds and textures. ugh.. i miss it
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez SZ, RG w/ Dimarzio Super Distortion and PAF Pro
Marshall JCM2000 head 1960 Cab
and many pedals...

www.adamcutrone.com
^i make art
well I've never been in a real top notch recording studio but I've seen pics and I've worked around a lot of nice recording gear around school.

I like the look and atmosphere of recording studios. The lights on all the gear, track lights, accent lights, acoustic panels.

It all just has a great look to my eye....come on, who wouldn't want a custom house with a look like this? haha

Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 14, 2007,
I've never had that feeling.

If I was at a really prestigious studio I probably would, but in all the studios I've been to I feel right at home.
^that's part of what the feeling is for me. There's more to it, but every time I walk into a studio, I feel like this is where I belong. Especially when I'm the engineer. Maybe that will start to fade as I continue to spend more and more time in real studios, but for now, I just love that feeling I get.
that feeling is part of the reason why home recordings almost always sound way worse than commercial recordings. the vibe you get in a pro studio is something very special and immpossible to fake
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
I've been in a few real studios so that feeling of "whoa, a real studio" is somewhat worn off, unless I go into a REALLY nice studio. I'm talking with a huge control room with an SSL board and really cool looking acoustical treatment.
To the TS, yes I know exactly what you are talking about. Its very hard to explain but the best word I can come up with is soul. It feels like there's something bigger than the room itself. And reading the postings in this thread, I dont think most people are getting that same feeling I get.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
Quote by moody07747
well I've never been in a real top notch recording studio but I've seen pics and I've worked around a lot of nice recording gear around school.

I like the look and atmosphere of recording studios. The lights on all the gear, track lights, accent lights, acoustic panels.

It all just has a great look to my eye....come on, who wouldn't want a custom house with a look like this? haha

Blue Bear truly does have a beautiful studio, and that fact that it is part of his house makes the coolness factor X 10.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

that looks like john storyk build to me...
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
yeah, the feeling of "lets hurry and get this sh*t done while we have time"
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats